Are all our cars pre-wired for auto on/off lights?

Mercutio

SCCoA Member
My 95 LX didn't come with auto on/off lights. Is adding that feature as simple as replacing the original headlight/dimmer switch assembly with one that also has the auto lamp dial?

I know that LXs with manual seats still came wired for power seats, so I wondered if the lighting was the same way.

I don't think it's that simple. I remember helping a friend replace a dash that had auto lights (vehicle didn't come equipped with that feature) and i think we also had to replace the turn signal switch.

But it's been over 10 years since we did that, so can't remember all the details.

Hope that helps

Are you asking about auto-dim for the bright headlights? If so will need a turn signal switch that has a forward position to turn on. Dash roller switch. Hard part is the rear view mirror with front facing sensor.

If there is a 4 pin connector tucked up in the headliner you will be off to a good start. Just ask if want any pics of my 89 assembly.
Creighton

Are you asking about auto-dim for the bright headlights? If so will need a turn signal switch that has a forward position to turn on. Dash roller switch. Hard part is the rear view mirror with front facing sensor.

If there is a 4 pin connector tucked up in the headliner you will be off to a good start. Just ask if want any pics of my 89 assembly.
Creighton

Not auto dim--auto on/off. Though it may all be integrated into one system.

Ok, Might all be there. Think the sensor is top of the driver side dash. Attached is 95 dealer lit.
Hope of some help.
Creighton

Attachments

• IMG_5380.JPG
    IMG_5380.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 92
Back