PDA

View Full Version : Gas tank vapor line pops off....

HwyStar
02-23-2017, 09:45 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/Windstarpro/IMG_20170223_203819_zpsl2uytbry.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/Windstarpro/media/IMG_20170223_203819_zpsl2uytbry.jpg.html)

I had a problem with this vapor line popping off. Looks like its rubbing against the underside of the tunnel. Have any of you had this problem? Is there a lower profile vapor line fitting that I can switch to? If the canister and purge valve is stuck open, this may be the vacuum leak I could never find.... Found this while I was putting in the new stout drive shaft. Just want to go together and not have to worry about it again.

KMT
02-23-2017, 10:23 PM
>this may be the vacuum leak I could never find...

Ever see any evap codes? (KOEO) 85 or 565?

Any chance tank pressure is too high?

HwyStar
02-23-2017, 10:26 PM
Nope. No codes. Hm, I don't know. I could check it once I get it back together. Car stays in a car port. So, it never really gets hot.

KMT
02-23-2017, 10:31 PM
Do you keep the tank full? Is the cap OEM? Ever notice any sucking sound or pressure release when removing the cap?

About the carport (me too, but always w/car cover)...gasoline vapors at skin temp, so it wouldn't take much to pressure the tank, I think - what color is the car?

Done a visual on the evap canister, plumbing etc.? Pain to get to that it can be.

HwyStar
02-24-2017, 05:17 PM
It does have the factory cap on it. I cleaned it up when I got the car back together. I had to stop last night and go to work. But, I'm definitely taking a look at the EVAP today before I head in. I don't think these tanks are vented to atmosphere. But, if the charcoal can is blocked, I could see where that would be a problem. I will be checking that. The tank still has the heat shields on it, and the exhaust is still routed in the factory place. Maybe, it popped off when I got the tank in..... Think I will try putting a couple of zip ties on it to stiffen the hose up.

KMT
02-24-2017, 05:56 PM
>I don't think these tanks are vented to atmosphere.

I don't either. Been a law for some time, I think.