Gas tank vapor line pops off....

HwyStar

I had a problem with this vapor line popping off. Looks like its rubbing against the underside of the tunnel. Have any of you had this problem? Is there a lower profile vapor line fitting that I can switch to? If the canister and purge valve is stuck open, this may be the vacuum leak I could never find.... Found this while I was putting in the new stout drive shaft. Just want to go together and not have to worry about it again.

>this may be the vacuum leak I could never find...

Ever see any evap codes? (KOEO) 85 or 565?

Any chance tank pressure is too high?

Nope. No codes. Hm, I don't know. I could check it once I get it back together. Car stays in a car port. So, it never really gets hot.

Do you keep the tank full? Is the cap OEM? Ever notice any sucking sound or pressure release when removing the cap?

About the carport (me too, but always w/car cover)...gasoline vapors at skin temp, so it wouldn't take much to pressure the tank, I think - what color is the car?

Done a visual on the evap canister, plumbing etc.? Pain to get to that it can be.

It does have the factory cap on it. I cleaned it up when I got the car back together. I had to stop last night and go to work. But, I'm definitely taking a look at the EVAP today before I head in. I don't think these tanks are vented to atmosphere. But, if the charcoal can is blocked, I could see where that would be a problem. I will be checking that. The tank still has the heat shields on it, and the exhaust is still routed in the factory place. Maybe, it popped off when I got the tank in..... Think I will try putting a couple of zip ties on it to stiffen the hose up.

>I don't think these tanks are vented to atmosphere.

I don't either. Been a law for some time, I think.

Back