seat belt

wingzeroac195

SCCoA Member
Guys, today I removed my PS pump to replace it , there is a LOT of crap to remove, well the only things I believe I disconnected was the neg on bat, PS pump connector, and the ignition coil, and while I was there I replace the thermostat. well I put everything back together and the car started. BUT now the driver side seat belt retractor doesnt work, just the passenger. the retractor belt moves to the pillar A but when I close the door and the door ajar light goes away, the retractor does not move to the B pillar. I decided to switch it with a spare I have and nothing, I disconnected it and used the manual wheel at the end of the motor to move it to the B pillar. Check fuses and they are good. so what in the hell happened if it was working perfect 3 hours ago??? please help!!!!

Good evening

I have had this happen many times. Did you replace the limits switches when you replace the track? The pillar front or rear switches could be sticking and or bad. Try spraying silicone lube on the track and the switches. Key on engine Off. Cycle passive restraint system. Open and Close door.

Check the passive restraint module (the gray box) connectors. Location is the driver side trunk under the triangle panel. Disconnect, Clean (with electrical cleaner) and Reconnect the connector. Key on Engine Off. Cycle passive restraint system. Open and Close door.

If that doesn't fix the problem check ground 300 located on inside the left (driver) kick panel (a four socket flat connector). Remove, Clean ground and Reinstall. Key on Engine Off. Cycle passive restraint system. Open and Close door.

If this doesn't fix the problem suspect passive restraint module. A Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual would be of great benefit.

Good Luck.

Good evening

I have had this happen many times. Did you replace the limits switches when you replace the track? The pillar front or rear switches could be sticking and or bad. Try spraying silicone lube on the track and the switches. Key on engine Off. Cycle passive restraint system. Open and Close door.

Check the passive restraint module (the gray box) connectors. Location is the driver side trunk under the triangle panel. Disconnect, Clean (with electrical cleaner) and Reconnect the connector. Key on Engine Off. Cycle passive restraint system. Open and Close door.

If that doesn't fix the problem check ground 300 located on inside the left (driver) kick panel (a four socket flat connector). Remove, Clean ground and Reinstall. Key on Engine Off. Cycle passive restraint system. Open and Close door.

If this doesn't fix the problem suspect passive restraint module. A Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual would be of great benefit.

Good Luck.

Thank you, I will definitive will check this, but why it would happen so suddenly when I disconnected the battery? Also I have never replace any limit switches, I do not know how they look like or located. but I will print this and try it!!!
Thank you and I will reply with the outcome

Thank you, I will definitive will check this, but why it would happen so suddenly when I disconnected the battery? Also I have never replace any limit switches, I do not know how they look like or located. but I will print this and try it!!!
Thank you and I will reply with the outcome

Looks like the restrain module was the problem, i replace it and is working fine, thank you for your advice

Back