PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Hot Rod Power Tour

Kurt K
05-08-2017, 01:14 PM
I know it is kind of a short notice, but a few of us will be participating in this year's Hot Rod Power Tour and will be going the distance. And others have indicated they will visit one or two stops.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/2017-hot-rod-power-tour-dates-locations/

June 10 Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City
June 11 Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa
June 12 Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds in Davenport, Iowa
June 13 University of Illinois (State Farm Center) in Champaign, Illinois
June 14 Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Illinois
June 15 Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Indiana
June 16 Bowling Green Warren County Regional Airport in Bowling Green, Kentucky

I'll post updates during the tour on Instagram and Twitter with the hashtags #sccoa and #HRPT2017 and #HotRodPowerTour and likely a few others. I think Neibert will be handling FB updates.

Jacob_Royer
05-14-2017, 03:09 PM
http://st.hotrod.com/uploads/sites/21/2017/01/2017-Hot-Rod-Power-Tour-Route.pdf

You guys are going right past my house! I am less than 200' from the route lol If anyone needs to do any repairs my humble house/garage/tools are open to any sccoa guys.

BLOWN38
05-15-2017, 10:38 AM
Too bad Cmacs wedding is a week late.

DrFishbone
05-15-2017, 12:43 PM
http://st.hotrod.com/uploads/sites/21/2017/01/2017-Hot-Rod-Power-Tour-Route.pdf

You guys are going right past my house! I am less than 200' from the route lol If anyone needs to do any repairs my humble house/garage/tools are open to any sccoa guys.

Light up the street in front of Jacob's house! The redneck neighbor kids will get a kick out of it! :D:D:D lol

I'm just another 25min away...add your black marks to Jacob's in front of my house! lol

Kurt K
05-15-2017, 02:54 PM
Light up the street in front of Jacob's house! The redneck neighbor kids will get a kick out of it! :D:D:D lol

I'm just another 25min away...add your black marks to Jacob's in front of my house! lol
The idea is for some of you local guys to get your cars out and visit us.

Jacob_Royer
05-16-2017, 05:09 PM

I am actually planning on meeting up with you guys in indy and running the last leg. I had been slow to bring it up because it is Amanda's birthday lol and when she saw that it is going right past us she said "hey lets finish the cobra and go the last two days" so since it is now her idea it all worked out. I really wanted to take the SC but......you never know the cobra might just not get done in time lol

Kurt K
05-17-2017, 12:24 PM
I am actually planning on meeting up with you guys in indy and running the last leg. I had been slow to bring it up because it is Amanda's birthday lol and when she saw that it is going right past us she said "hey lets finish the cobra and go the last two days" so since it is now her idea it all worked out. I really wanted to take the SC but......you never know the cobra might just not get done in time lol
It will be better with the Super Coupe :) Either way, it will be nice to add to our group.

DrFishbone
05-17-2017, 12:32 PM

It would be fun for sure...my SC will still be in pieces, no doubt. Maybe can bring the Anny though.

Jacob_Royer
05-17-2017, 06:08 PM
What hotels are you guys using for indy and bowling green? I will see if anything is still open

Kurt K
05-18-2017, 08:01 AM
What hotels are you guys using for indy and bowling green? I will see if anything is still open

June 15 Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Indiana: Hampton Inn & Suites IndianapolisAirport, 9020 Hatfield Drive, Indianapolis, Indiana 46241, Phone: +13178561000
June 16 Bowling Green Warren County Regional Airport in Bowling Green, Kentucky: Hampton Inn Horse Cave, 750 Flint Ridge, Horse Cave, Kentucky 42749, Phone: +12707865000

Quik95SC
05-18-2017, 08:50 AM
Hey Kurt,
I am thinning about joining you guys from Indy down to Bowling Green on the last leg. perhaps leaving Thursday night and arriving in Indy so I can be ready to meet up either that night or in the morning at the departure location.

Question do I need to pay anything just to drive down along with you guys? Not sure how it works if I wanted to hang out on Friday with you guys if I need to pay something to do so?

I will check with the HRPT site and see if it says anything. Won't have the orange one ready, but I should have the Chameleon 5-spd put back together by then.

I will let you guys know how the planning goes.

Who all is coming with you on the tour this year?

Smitty

Tim Groth
05-18-2017, 09:25 AM
Hey Kurt,
I am thinning about joining you guys from Indy down to Bowling Green on the last leg. perhaps leaving Thursday night and arriving in Indy so I can be ready to meet up either that night or in the morning at the departure location.

Question do I need to pay anything just to drive down along with you guys? Not sure how it works if I wanted to hang out on Friday with you guys if I need to pay something to do so?

Smitty

When I met up with them a few years ago in Charleston WVA I had to pay for the 1 day/leg. If memory serves me it was $50 and that allowed access to get into the event itself. The $50 registration consisted of a window sticker for access into and a goodie bag for vendors.

Probably one of the cooler events I attended - you guys that decide to go won't regret the decision.

-Tim

Quik95SC
05-18-2017, 09:35 AM
When I met up with them a few years ago in Charleston WVA I had to pay for the 1 day/leg. If memory serves me it was $50 and that allowed access to get into the event itself. The $50 registration consisted of a window sticker for access into and a goodie bag for vendors.

Probably one of the cooler events I attended - you guys that decide to go won't regret the decision.

-Tim

Thanks Tim,
Yeah I went to the registration site and it is still $50 for a 1 day pass, that I would need to get into the event in Bowling Green.

The great thing for me is that it is only 1.5 hrs back home!! LOL

Michael Inch where are you at for this leg? LOL You are closer to BG than I am.

Kurt K
05-18-2017, 09:44 AM
Hey Kurt,

I will check with the HRPT site and see if it says anything. Won't have the orange one ready, but I should have the Chameleon 5-spd put back together by then.

I will let you guys know how the planning goes.

Who all is coming with you on the tour this year?

Smitty

Smitty,
You wouldn't have to pay to just drive with us, unless they add lunch stops. In the past there were scheduled lunch stops that were sponsored by various vendors. It doesn't appear that there are any this year, but I guess that it could still happen. There is free spectator parking at most of the venues I believe, but who knows how far away it will be from the actual show field. Since Bowling Green is pretty small, and the last stop, I think it would be in your best interest to pay for the stop. Usually, the only way to park together is if you enter the venue together.

I think it would be great if you could meet up with us. Currently, I think it is just Tony, David and myself that are making the Long Haul

Quik95SC
05-18-2017, 10:03 AM
Smitty,
You wouldn't have to pay to just drive with us, unless they add lunch stops. In the past there were scheduled lunch stops that were sponsored by various vendors. It doesn't appear that there are any this year, but I guess that it could still happen. There is free spectator parking at most of the venues I believe, but who knows how far away it will be from the actual show field. Since Bowling Green is pretty small, and the last stop, I think it would be in your best interest to pay for the stop. Usually, the only way to park together is if you enter the venue together.

I think it would be great if you could meet up with us. Currently, I think it is just Tony, David and myself that are making the Long Haul

Thanks for the response. I sent you a PM also.

Yeah I figured I would pay for the event for Bowling Green just to make sure I could hang out in the venue with everyone else.

Will let you know as soon as I can confirm my plans.

Jacob_Royer
05-18-2017, 01:20 PM
June 15 Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Indiana: Hampton Inn & Suites IndianapolisAirport, 9020 Hatfield Drive, Indianapolis, Indiana 46241, Phone: +13178561000
June 16 Bowling Green Warren County Regional Airport in Bowling Green, Kentucky: Hampton Inn Horse Cave, 750 Flint Ridge, Horse Cave, Kentucky 42749, Phone: +12707865000

Ok we are in! I reserved both nights with my hhhonors awards points free hotel ftw! See you guys in a few weeks!

Kurt K
05-18-2017, 01:40 PM
Ok we are in! I reserved both nights with my hhhonors awards points free hotel ftw! See you guys in a few weeks!Cool, see you guys then.

Quik95SC
05-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Well add me to the last leg from Indy to Bowling Green. I got a room a little ways away from you guys, but it is right on route and I really didn't mind the drive along I-70.

Will work out details to hang out Thursday night/ Dinner that sort of thing. Then where to meet on Friday Morning, whether I wait for you guys to come by or drive up to meet you all.

Now to do some work getting the 95 5 Spd put back together! LOL Worse case I can bring my daughters lightning!

Smitty

Jacob_Royer
05-18-2017, 10:52 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/jacobroyer/Cobra%20Paint%20Project/20160603_162616_zpsdzibdvck.jpg (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/jacobroyer/media/Cobra%20Paint%20Project/20160603_162616_zpsdzibdvck.jpg.html)

I need to finish up the cobra for power tour... always have the sc for backup :)

QUOTE=Quik95SC;1109577]Well add me to the last leg from Indy to Bowling Green. I got a room a little ways away from you guys, but it is right on route and I really didn't mind the drive along I-70.

Will work out details to hang out Thursday night/ Dinner that sort of thing. Then where to meet on Friday Morning, whether I wait for you guys to come by or drive up to meet you all.

Now to do some work getting the 95 5 Spd put back together! LOL Worse case I can bring my daughters lightning!

Smitty[/QUOTE]

David Neibert
05-31-2017, 03:48 PM
Cool beans !

Anyone heard from Michael Menke lately ? Thought he was going to attend at least a couple stops.

David

Jacob_Royer
06-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Well add me to the last leg from Indy to Bowling Green. I got a room a little ways away from you guys, but it is right on route and I really didn't mind the drive along I-70.

Smitty

Because of an error on my part i have a room in Greenwood IN so we also will have to meet up with the rest that morning but we are not too far off of 37

Quik95SC
06-07-2017, 10:53 AM
Well I am officially registered to hang out at the event in Bowling green with the rest of the SC folks, so look forward top seeing you guys I about a week 1/2.

Jacob, you are closer to the venue and their hotel than I am, so no worries. I am staying in Cloverdale right along the route, so I will need to decide if I want to drive up and meet everyone that morning or just wait for the tour to roll by me and jump in line with you guys!What time do you plan on getting in to your hotel? I was planning on arriving close to Kurt's hotel around 5-6 depending on any more details I get from the ST. Louis folks.

Was going to get with Kurt, David and Tony to see when they plan on leaving the venue and perhaps make dinner plans.

Remember for those long haulers that if you need anything (parts, tools etc;) before I leave out on Thursday afternoon to head to Indy, call me. David and Kurt have my number. If you need something performance wise I can pull it from my Orange one if it will get you through and work out something after you get home.

Smitty

Jacob_Royer
06-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Well I am officially registered to hang out at the event in Bowling green with the rest of the SC folks, so look forward top seeing you guys I about a week 1/2.

Jacob, you are closer to the venue and their hotel than I am, so no worries. I am staying in Cloverdale right along the route, so I will need to decide if I want to drive up and meet everyone that morning or just wait for the tour to roll by me and jump in line with you guys!What time do you plan on getting in to your hotel? I was planning on arriving close to Kurt's hotel around 5-6 depending on any more details I get from the ST. Louis folks.

Was going to get with Kurt, David and Tony to see when they plan on leaving the venue and perhaps make dinner plans.

Remember for those long haulers that if you need anything (parts, tools etc;) before I leave out on Thursday afternoon to head to Indy, call me. David and Kurt have my number. If you need something performance wise I can pull it from my Orange one if it will get you through and work out something after you get home.

Smitty

I plan on being in Indy around noon. I also have a ton of sc parts if anyone has problems or needs something. Also the route goes right past my house if anyone needs tools/garage

Kurt K
06-08-2017, 02:08 PM
I plan on being in Indy around noon. I also have a ton of sc parts if anyone has problems or needs something. Also the route goes right past my house if anyone needs tools/garageIf things go like all of the past HRPTs, we will not be getting there around noon. Typically, we have historically been 1-3 hours after the event start time. Of course, that was when there were sponsored lunch stops. Since those don't appear to be part of the equation this year, I think we could arrive closer to the start time than usual.

Quik95SC
06-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Ok folks that are heading out tomorrow, be safe, have fun and I will see you all in about a week.

Did about a 50 mile road test today between going to work and out to our land to make sure the bird was ready and everything went great!

See you all soon.

Smitty

Jacob_Royer
06-10-2017, 05:47 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/jacobroyer/Cobra%20Paint%20Project/20170609_164957_zps8quiajel.jpg (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/jacobroyer/media/Cobra%20Paint%20Project/20170609_164957_zps8quiajel.jpg.html)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/jacobroyer/Cobra%20Paint%20Project/20170609_170813_zpsf1z3zcmn.jpg (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/jacobroyer/media/Cobra%20Paint%20Project/20170609_170813_zpsf1z3zcmn.jpg.html)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/jacobroyer/Cobra%20Paint%20Project/20170609_185805_zpswvidsn5w.jpg (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/jacobroyer/media/Cobra%20Paint%20Project/20170609_185805_zpswvidsn5w.jpg.html)

Not much left to do now!

Jacob_Royer
06-11-2017, 10:33 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/jacobroyer/Cobra%20Paint%20Project/20170610_151443_zpsvcfccyqd.jpg (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/jacobroyer/media/Cobra%20Paint%20Project/20170610_151443_zpsvcfccyqd.jpg.html)

Quik95SC
06-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Definitely looks like I will have the slowest car in this group! LOL

Looks very nice Jacob, don't you love all the work cutting and buffing takes! But it makes such a huge difference.

See you all Thursday evening sometime. Continue to be safe.

So far it looks like there haven't been any issues at least none worth mentioning! Which is a great thing!

Take Care!

Jacob_Royer
06-13-2017, 04:18 AM
Power steering crapped out today :( going to try a new pump tommrow. If that does not work we will be bringing the sc

And thanks for the compliment! Really happy with how,the paint turned out

Definitely looks like I will have the slowest car in this group! LOL

Looks very nice Jacob, don't you love all the work cutting and buffing takes! But it makes such a huge difference.

See you all Thursday evening sometime. Continue to be safe.

So far it looks like there haven't been any issues at least none worth mentioning! Which is a great thing!

Take Care!

Quik95SC
06-13-2017, 11:41 AM
I put this on FB as well. Did anyone bring one of those pop up canopy tents? It looks like we may need one on Friday in Bowling Green as it may get a little wet on the drive and while there.

I will see if one will fit in the trunk and bring at least my 10ft one. If I thought the 13Ft one would fit I would bring it instead, but without fold down rear seats it might be a little too long.

Smitty