What is RPM @ Idle ~ Stock

SilverCasket

For Tuning purposes I need to know what a nice idling rpm range is. I forget what mine was. I am thinking like 850 in park. Take a look at your cars and let me know. Cam & Heads are stock.

Thanks,
Anthony

RPM @ Idle ~ Stock

Look at the Emmisions label on the rad cross member, the idle is different on an 89-90 SC auto (in drive 550-650) than 5 speeds (in neutral 700-800). Good luck

Last edited:
I have a 92 Auto. I don't have anything on my x-member. I think this car was painted....

I am looking for round abouts so I know how to get my stock idle back through tuning.

Any and all idles requested please. Also please include the year of your SC and whether it's an auto or manual....

And if you can, let me know what the idle is in park and what the idle is in drive while sitting still.....

It will actually be good to have a faq on this. When I am done gathering, I will submit it for FAQ's.

Anthony

for an automatic it should be 600 and for a manual it should be 700. Go the the lit. section of this site and then to the bottom for SC specs. It tells you everything about the car.

idle

mine is about 750-800 all around, drive and in neutral....oh, and mine is a 5 spd..89 XR7

Back