Man With Amazing Garage And Terrible Neighbors Finally Wins Six-Year Legal Battle

Now it seems his neighbors finally let this man be and enjoy his hobby. Hope full this is the end and they don't try to find something else to hassle him about.

Now it seems his neighbors finally let this man be and enjoy his hobby. Hope full this is the end and they don't try to find something else to hassle him about.

After reading the article I don't think the neighbors had any hand in doing the right thing. It seems as though the judge shut the neighbors down. Either way it looks like a great shop with lots of fun going on.

Reminds me of the time I was served a summons for zoning violations. Apparently a neighbor turned me in for working on my car in the driveway when I was doing my front mount install.

They were serious as a heart attack - had pictures of my driveway...taking around 10 color copied 8x10 photos they spread across the bench in the court room. Had to explain that I wasn't running a repair shop but rather was working on my own car repairs. Said residential property wasn't zoned for commercial auto repair or something silly.

Case was tossed out and I had to clear my driveway of tools or automotive repair items....I had an engine hoist and engine stand folded up in the corner of my driveway (no shed so stored the best way I could) ...also some jack stands. Just had to return them to my shed. Best I can guess...maybe someone was selling their home and felt it would impact the sale, yet everything was positioned in an orderly manner.

Gotta watch people in subdivisions.

-Tim

Last edited:
That's pretty awful. Abusing Bible texts makes it even worse. It's amazing how some neighbors will treat each other.

Looks really nice on the inside but what does the outside look like?

You mean besides the giant Confederate flag on the garage door? But yes, I'm not sure this was about what went on inside, unless an air compressor was always running and the smell of carb cleaner wouldn't go away. Maybe it was all that Canadian rap music they didn't like...

He may have gotten the neighbors off his back for the time being, but the last 6 yrs. stress over it he'll not be compensated for and never get back. Shame to see it couldn't have been worked out in weeks, rather than years.

If he's been a good neighbor curb side, I'm sure they could find other things in the area to complain about...

Back