Are EVO steering valves the same 89-95?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Wondering if there were any changes in the actual valve from early to late model sc's. I have a steering pump that was in one of my old 89's and wondering if it's OK to use in my 94.

Thanks

The connection fitting from the EVO to the high pressure line is different. Function is the same, but fitting is different. 94-5 uses an O-ring fitting and the early ones use a teflon seal.

The connection fitting from the EVO to the high pressure line is different. Function is the same, but fitting is different. 94-5 uses an O-ring fitting and the early ones use a teflon seal.

Good to know, great info. By any chance of luck, do you happen to know the size o-ring? I try to have all the stuff ready before a job...if you can't recall I'll just grab one of the assorted boxes and see which o ring fits.

Thanks Dave.

I may not have really understood you. The pumps are the same and the fitting into the pump is the same. On the EVO and high pressure line, you have to keep the two paired by year, they are not interchangeable.

I may not have really understood you. The pumps are the same and the fitting into the pump is the same. On the EVO and high pressure line, you have to keep the two paired by year, they are not interchangeable.

So, if I understand correctly.....the fitting marked with the red arrow changes, so If I'm using an "early" EVO valve, I have to swap the fitting from my current "late model" valve so it matches the current hose fitting. Correct? :)

Attachments

• evo valve fitting.jpg
    evo valve fitting.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 85
Well, I used the EVO valve from my old 89 and the fitting was the same. Who knows, maybe the EVO or hose had been changed in the 89 before I got it.

In any case, took it out of the pump, cleaned up really nice, replaced all O rings with new dealer o rings and worked like a charm!

Back