PDA

View Full Version : is it time for some trash talk for this years shoot out??

pro street rich
07-13-2017, 02:00 PM
Well it has been quiet around here so how about some trash talk to get things going.... 1] I think we will see more turbo cars this year...:) 2] I think that Brian will get knocked off the top of the list for fastest car.:eek: 3] I think the weather will be great and we will see some really fast passes at the track. :cool:4] the dyno will get pushed to the limits with more cars over 500 hp. :D5] someone will make it over the 700 hp if they can get traction on the dyno..:cool::) 6] everyone will have a great time IF they just try.... :):cool: so there you have it the plans for this years shoot out... anyone want to make some bets here???.... Rich

pro street rich
07-20-2017, 10:15 AM
no one has a comment on anything about this years shoot out??? or is everyone on face book???....Rich

SCrazy
07-20-2017, 10:28 AM
My car hasn't been out of the trailer since last year's shootout!!! .....and it wont until at least the end of August.

I have been crazy busy......I'm not going to be much of a challenge this year.

BLOWN38
07-20-2017, 10:30 AM
I will grace you guys with my presence.

kenewagner
07-20-2017, 10:36 AM
I will agree with Rich,s accessment of the shootout. I plan to be there this year. Im waiting for Brian to retire from racing and part out his car:p I want that C4 tranny:)

Ken

rzimmerl
07-20-2017, 10:47 AM
I'm in same boat as Brian, super busy and haven't touched the car since I dropped the motor in. Be one less 500hp car there again this year... I'll be in attendance, and plan is to be there finally with car in 2018 after a 3 year absence.... that is if can get free time over winter to finish it up.

kenewagner
07-20-2017, 11:11 AM
I'm in same boat as Brian, super busy and haven't touched the car since I dropped the motor in. Be one less 500hp car there again this year... I'll be in attendance, and plan is to be there finally with car in 2018 after a 3 year absence.... that is if can get free time over winter to finish it up.

Kinda sucks you wont have the car done and there

Ken

David Neibert
07-20-2017, 03:03 PM

WHUT ? I was hoping you would have the car running too...

David

rzimmerl
07-20-2017, 03:38 PM
Ya life's generally just taking over shifting priorities....working 6-7 days per week and holidays, kids at age of multiple sports that i'm head coach of baseball and soccer teams, finishing basement finally.... I'll just stop there for now.

neverfastenough
07-20-2017, 03:40 PM
Sounds like an exciting shootout this year!

DrFishbone
07-20-2017, 04:20 PM
If I can get my car together in time :rolleyes: .....

I plan to be storming the ProStreet group this year with my M90. :cool:

Staying faster than Jacob :D

And becoming faster than the Homan's lol.

Beating at least one 500rwhp SC at the track.... :cool::p;)

kenewagner
07-20-2017, 04:26 PM
Sounds like an exciting shootout this year!

You will be there with your 800 hp car, isnt that exciting enough. What about casey and neibert. I think the shootout will be great

Ken

Jacob_Royer
07-20-2017, 05:50 PM
I plan on shaking things up a,bit...

davec73
07-20-2017, 10:52 PM
I will be there ready to roll.

Jacob_Royer
07-21-2017, 05:31 AM
You will be there with your 800 hp car, isnt that exciting enough. What about casey and neibert. I think the shootout will be great

Ken

If all goes as planned I should be rocking you'r old 2.3 whipple setup!

kenewagner
07-21-2017, 08:15 AM
If all goes as planned I should be rocking you'r old 2.3 whipple setup!

Miss that old setup. Sometimes wish I had it back. Hope the sale goes as planned

Ken

David Neibert
07-21-2017, 10:05 AM

Ken

I'll be there looking for some redemption for losing to Luke's M90 and nitrous powered SC in the final round of Elite Street by a red light. This will also be the first time racing my SC on oxygenated race fuel.

David

neverfastenough
07-21-2017, 10:07 AM
I'll be there looking for some redemption for losing to Luke's M90 and nitrous powered SC in the final round of Elite Street by a red light. This will also be the first time racing my SC on oxygenated race fuel.

David

Thought he was all motor when he raced you

David Neibert
07-21-2017, 10:32 AM
Thought he was all motor when he raced you

No, he had at least 100 HP nitrous assist.

David

pro street rich
07-21-2017, 12:58 PM
do i bring a big block sc or do I bring a big block " fe" fairlane or do I bring a mercury...Now both of these are 427 cars... so what do I bring...??? My 35th sc is still apart thanks to not getting parts that play well with others...lol....Rich

neverfastenough
07-21-2017, 01:03 PM
I vote for one of the 427 cars

pro street rich
07-21-2017, 02:35 PM
I vote for one of the 427 cars

if I do that it would be the fairlane... it has a roll cage in it already....

davec73
07-21-2017, 02:45 PM
if I do that it would be the fairlane... it has a roll cage in it already....
Bring one of those 427 cars

David Neibert
07-21-2017, 04:17 PM
do i bring a big block sc or do I bring a big block " fe" fairlane or do I bring a mercury...Now both of these are 427 cars... so what do I bring...??? My 35th sc is still apart thanks to not getting parts that play well with others...lol....Rich

Bring the one that is the quickest/fastest :cool:

David

pro street rich
07-21-2017, 04:33 PM
Bring the one that is the quickest/fastest :cool:

David

That would be the mercury that I got in trouble for doing burn outs in St. Louis.. That car is too much money to race any more... The fairlane is and always was a drag car.. they both are 427's and that being said they both have some value with them, more so the mercury as that is 100% untouched and numbers matching...Rich

pro street rich
07-21-2017, 04:36 PM
you asked for the fastest, that is the bird when it is running on all the engine... That car is so funny of late that I have not even gotten it out this year....Rich

pro street rich
07-21-2017, 04:42 PM
I should have my other 35th done and it should be ready to do battle... That car has been side stepping me every time I try to do something to it.. Just this week I had the trans in and out of it twice... Even as we speak it is on the work bench again due to some leak... I tell you that one is a real tough one to get done... but by next year it will be ready to take on Kurt K and a few others as well.... Got to wait with that one Rich

pro street rich
08-01-2017, 05:40 PM
worked out a engine hold down setup that should keep everything in place. I also took my fairlane to a cruise night on sat. it was 80 outside and we drove it both ways without any issues.. When you can drive something like this 40 miles each way and keep everything cool you got it made... We were hot but the car ran nice and cool....Rich

Ira R.
08-04-2017, 11:30 AM
I plan on coming too, I just haven't figured out how yet. I have a had a year to get used to driving the car too so I hope to do better than last year. Maybe even find a few more horses so I can keep up with all those new 2.3 whipples making all that horsepower this year.

kenewagner
08-04-2017, 01:27 PM
I plan on coming too, I just haven't figured out how yet. I have a had a year to get used to driving the car too so I hope to do better than last year. Maybe even find a few more horses so I can keep up with all those new 2.3 whipples making all that horsepower this year.

Will be good to see you buddy

Ken

pro street rich
08-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Will be good to see you buddy

Ken

I want to see both of you there and then maybe even get into some trouble while we are all sitting in the bar putting away some cold ones....Rich