ARC Actuators - interchangeable between 1990 & 1994?

bernie lomax

can the ARC shock actuators from a 1994 SC (F4SC-18B012-AA) fit & work properly on a 1990 ( E9SC-18B012-AD). The connector ends look identical however the different part number is causing me doubts. If someone knows for certain would be great to know. Thanks in advance

AA vs. AD illustrates a running change to the same part over time, where AD is the newer version that may or may not include minor changes (different supplier; updated components based on cost, material, regulation, etc.), typically during production over time, where the dealer would be informed to replace AA etc. w/AD. I can think of dozens of reasons for such changes that wouldn't specifically matter to day-to-day operation on a vehicle.

The same shocks fit all years - the electrical operation of the actuator is just to energize a small solenoid that pivots the drive coupler. The ARC module checks resistance across each actuator circuit and if outside spec, the light flashes in the cluster, telling you which corner isn't happy. You'll know as soon as you turn the key ON, so watch that light in the cluster.

As long as the main P/N is the same, I'd be happy if I could find AD ;)

Just be sure to keep the receipt.

They are interchangeable all the way through 1989-1995. When I look at the Ford parts catalogue, the E9SC version used originally on 89-93 was replaced by the F4SC version used on 94-95.

cheers
Ed

Back