supercharger

ZOOMBUGGY3

hey whats up guys i got a spare engine here at home and i was woundering is their any modification that i can do to the spare supercharger here at home to get more performance so i can put it in my car.

thanks for the reply but i know about the magnaport. maybe i should have made my quetion better.
what i meant to say was i have a spare blower at home i dont have money to spend on a magnaport right now but i want to do some kind of modification to the spare blower at home my self. im a mechanic and have acess to my tools and the other techs tools at work.so is their anything i can do to it my self.
these are my current mods.
ENGINE MODS & POWERTRAIN MODS:
REMOVED AIR SILENCER
CUSTOM 3" INTAKE TUBE WITH RACTIVE CONICAL FILTER
SOLID RUBBER MOTOR MOUNTS
SOLID RUBBER TRANSMISSION MOUNT
190LPH HIGH FLOW FUEL PUMP (HOLLEY)
ACCEL EXTREME TEMP 8.5MM WIRES
INTERCOOLER FAN
PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS
PORTED AND POLISHED LOWER INTAKE MANIFOLD
CENTER FORCE DUAL FRICTION CLUTCH
B&M RIPPER SHIFTER
REBUILT TRANS MISSION
2 1/2" DOWNTUBES INTO 2 HIGH FLOW CATS OUT INTO DUAL 2 1/2" PIPES INTO SINGAL 3"PIPE BACK OUT TO DUAL 2 1/2" INTO 2 FLOW MASTER 40 SERIES 2 CHAMBER MUFFLERS WITH 4" TIPS
OPTUIMA YELLOW TOP BATTERY

Well it all depends on your skill level and how well you understand how the blower works. You could port it yourself, but without a flowbench or other testing devices it’s hard to quantify what you are going to do. I suggest doing a search for porting the blower. There is a guy with a twin M90 setup on a turbocoupe that has some good pictures to look at, and I have ran across several other sites where people (or companies) have ported their blowers and what their reasoning was. You should really read anything you can get your hands (and eyes) on before you turn your blower into a nice looking lamp.

Jeff

cut the vee

on the outlet side you can cut the vee from front to back its about a 1/4 inch all around i may have some pics if so ill post them and on inlet side open up inlet to about half the thickness of flange and you can cut towards rotors a little see my webshots site it has a pics of some minor mods on inlet side.

can u guys give me some links or point me in the right dirction.
and another quetion from what i read on that article on blower build that i found in the leterature section says that that v cut on the outlet side is to reduce the noise do they mean the whiny noise that a blower is supposed to make what happens if u cut out that hole area on the out side u know so u have that hole opening cut open.

delicate subject

Originally posted by ZOOMBUGGY3
can u guys give me some links or point me in the right dirction.
and another quetion from what i read on that article on blower build that i found in the leterature section says that that v cut on the outlet side is to reduce the noise do they mean the whiny noise that a blower is supposed to make what happens if u cut out that hole area on the out side u know so u have that hole opening cut open.

what happens if u cut out that hole area on the out side u know so u have that hole opening cut open.

Do you mean whole ?

No offense meant & no disrespect intended whatsoever but we really need to use spell-check &/or proofread our posts. When we get to sensitive areas like cuttin' aluminum out of our blowers we need to be clear about things.
You should expect (and you deserve) that answers to your questions are clear also.

Again, not raggin' on ya but a little punctuation goes a long way.

take care & good luck with your project,

'bird

Sorry I don’t have any links. Just do a search for supercharger, supercharger porting and the like. I know that’s a bunch of stuff to go through, but if you are serious about doing it then you will search. The TBSCEC also has good information, it’s a lot of reading and skimming but worth the effort.

Another site that comes to mind was a honda based site that made SC kits for the B16 engine family, so don’t discount honda boy’s either.

Jeff

sorry for the miss spelling. but i was in a hurry because i had to get to work. i was running late.so does anyone know how the blower would perform if i cut the whole area were the v is .(outlet side).

ok i cant find the spell ck. can some one tell me were it is. i know i used it before.

Back