Cracked supercharger housing (bolt) top hat

BossII

So somehow i cracked my housing on my supercharger, the back passenger side bolt. So i'm thinking my only option is to find a replacement supercharger, If i can find one. The pick and pull in alberta has one supercoupe (90) that will cost me 250 bucks. Or i can buy a complete engine also 1990 for 400 bucks, the engine has a claimed 120K kms about the same as my 92. Now the complete engine is almost the option i'm leaning towards, it comes with IC harness computer and all of the accessories.

Get a supercharged car they said it'll be fun they said :(

For $250, you could upgrade to a 94/95 supercharger, or for a lot less, I'm sure someone on here has a stock early style blower they can sell you.

It might be possible to weld and re-thread it. It would be easier to assess it with a photo though.

So i'm looking at a complete sc motor from pan to charger with all accessories. My plan is to swap the charger. I have done a little bit of research and see it's pretty basic to remove the charger. Anything i should know? How should i reseal the charger to the intake? Any tips to make this easier.

Anything i should know? How should i reseal the charger to the intake?

Same year? Early vs. late? They aren't the same on the outlet...

Black permatex or teflon gaskets (check spinning wheels SC, eBay etc.), your choice, just be sure the surfaces are flat and clean. Might be a good time to change the SC fluid and snout seal too.

Post a picture I have repaired these before. You usually can just drill it out bigger tap it and put in a thread insert

It's a 90's sc motor i know the 94/95's have the redesigned M90. I did buy the motor, got a ton of extra stuff for 300 bucks, motor is complete form charger to pan, including some extra intake piping for the charger.

I broke a piece off of the housing, and noticed a crack running along side the bolt.

I have a 94/95 M90

I have a 94/95 Supercharger complete with intake plenum, tophat, TB and all IC plumbing. Let me know. This a $300 plus shipping fire sale. sjacobi54@yahoo.com

Thanks everyone for the help. I bought a complete motor from pan to charger for 400 bucks and have since swapped the charger.

I couldn't go wrong for 400, when i got the computer, ride controller and complete harnesses under hood and in car, un cut. I think i'm just missing the abs controller. I also got two spare arc actuators. Gotta dig more into the box and see what else i got.

Back