PDA

View Full Version : Car cover

91BlackSC
08-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Hello everyone. It has been many years since I have posted here, but, I am going to be buying a 1991 SC shortly. I have owned an 89 and 91 in the past.

My question to all of you is, what is a good car cover for these vehicles? I want to have something for it when it sits in storage.

Hoping to get the expert opinions from all of you!

Thank you

David Neibert
08-23-2017, 01:14 PM
Best one I've found is the 35th Anny cover. You can usually find then for around $100.

David

91BlackSC
08-23-2017, 01:47 PM
David,

Thank you for the information. I will search for this type of cover and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again,

Pierre

KMT
08-23-2017, 02:36 PM
I'm using one from Budge on my '90 Anny now - general fit (directional), with no mirror pockets. Their price range is $33 to $172:

https://www.budgecovers.com/car-covers/ford/thunderbird/1991

If the SC is just going to sit inside, the $33 cover should be fine for basic use. Grade up depending on your specific needs.

Ken

91BlackSC
08-23-2017, 05:18 PM
I'm using one from Budge on my '90 Anny now - general fit (directional), with no mirror pockets. Their price range is $33 to $172:

https://www.budgecovers.com/car-covers/ford/thunderbird/1991

If the SC is just going to sit inside, the $33 cover should be fine for basic use. Grade up depending on your specific needs.

Ken

Thanks for this information. Unfortunately (for now), it will be outside, so, I will need a cover that is more durable. I will check these out as well.

Pierre

KMT
08-23-2017, 07:16 PM
Unfortunately (for now), it will be outside

Arrggg...you said indoors.

I'm using their $75 Rain Barrier® Car Cover (RSD-4) outdoors, in a carport - on sale now w/free shipping.

Note too that I haven't seen an anny cover for less than $300 for some time now ;)

91BlackSC
08-23-2017, 08:56 PM
Arrggg...you said indoors.

I'm using their $75 Rain Barrier® Car Cover (RSD-4) outdoors, in a carport - on sale now w/free shipping.

Note too that I haven't seen an anny cover for less than $300 for some time now ;)

OK, so the Rain Barrier Car Cover is on sale for $75, with free shipping, correct?

Also, where did you get your carport from?

KMT
08-23-2017, 09:13 PM
Yes, that's what the site says right now. You might want to also order some extra bungees from them too, if wind is an issue. I use a thin cord under the middle that is tied to one grommet and clipped to the other, with two short bungees, center front and rear.

Carport came w/the property.

91BlackSC
08-23-2017, 10:54 PM
Yes, that's what the site says right now. You might want to also order some extra bungees from them too, if wind is an issue. I use a thin cord under the middle that is tied to one grommet and clipped to the other, with two short bungees, center front and rear.

Carport came w/the property.

After I read your response, I went to the site and checked it out. I see the one you have, plus, all of the others they offer. Also saw the bungees and clips they have, along with cable and lock kit. Looks like I will be researching all of these options they have to offer and go from there!

That's cool it came with the property.

David Neibert
08-28-2017, 10:53 AM
Thanks for this information. Unfortunately (for now), it will be outside, so, I will need a cover that is more durable. I will check these out as well.

Pierre

Pierre,

I would not recommend the 35th anny cover I posted for outdoor use.

David

91BlackSC
08-28-2017, 11:09 AM
Pierre,

I would not recommend the 35th anny cover I posted for outdoor use.

David

Hello David,

I appreciate that. I cannot seem to find those anyway, so, I have been looking at the site mentioned by KMT (Ken), which is Budge Car Covers.

Thanks, Pierre

91BlackSC
09-02-2017, 06:15 PM
Just to let all of you know, I ended up going with one from Budge. I received it yesterday. Now, I just have to wait for the current owner to return from being up north, here in Michigan, so we can finally seal the deal!

Boy, I can't wait.....

KMT
09-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the update - I rcvd. another new one from Budge yesterday. Won't use it until the eventual wet season sets in here in the PNW.

Good luck w/your SC - hope the deal seals soon.

Ken

91BlackSC
09-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Thanks again to all of you! I feel really great about getting back in to a SC.

I'm hoping the deal seals by this coming Friday, September 8, if things go as planned. It has been way too long!!!

Pierre

91BlackSC
09-05-2017, 05:37 PM
Update to sealing the deal..... I spoke with the lady today about setting up a time to purchase the vehicle. She stated she is now staying up north until Sunday, and, coming home late that night....UGH! I cannot wait anymore, LOL!!! :eek:

She was originally supposed to come back home today. We set up a time for Monday, September 11. I know it's just a few more days, but, really thought it would have been late this week, that I could've had the vehicle. Oh well.

I've waited this long, a few more days won't hurt! :D

Pierre