Forged pistons ?

Legion

Hey I'm new here .have a question anybody got any idea wtb forged pistons that are stock 3.81 size with the same exact dish cc size ? I'm converting my sc block to split port from a 2000 mustang and making my own intake for the m112 blower.got a lot of mods I'm buying and installing but need the pistons addressed! Any help would be awesome thank you .ps already did a Google search and looked on summit for a set but can't find anything

You will need custom pistons. Wiseco used to make direct replacements for the stock pistons on stock rods, but they were never made in the stock bore size. To get stock bore size and all stock dimensions you would have to go custom. For the cost of custom pistons, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to use the stock rods, so that escalates your build into using H-beam rods and rebalancing the crank.

Well damn....that blows ..no pun intended.so I would then have to have the block bored .030 over then? .also what's the tap out on the stock hyper pistons on these SC blocks? I'm going to push for 400 rwhp

Well damn....that blows ..no pun intended.so I would then have to have the block bored .030 over then? .also what's the tap out on the stock hyper pistons on these SC blocks? I'm going to push for 400 rwhp

You don't have to get it bored, but generally you'll want to. Custom pistons can come in any size you want. 400rwhp is possible on stock pistons, but you'll have to be very careful as there's not much margin for error at that power level and stock pistons. I highly doubt an M112 will get to 400rwhp without detonation which will kill the pistons, not the power level. Most likely you'll top out around 350rwhp before you start breaking stuff. If we had 100 octane pump gas it would be a different story.

Even at 8 to 1 compression? With midlingth headers 2 1/4 inch dual exhaust no cats and a colder spark plug? Cam would be 115 lobe separation.it will be run through 225 lph pump with 42lb injectors running a little rich . timing with the cam would be retarded a degree.i don't think it will detonate with this setup.but I could be wrong

Last edited:
First I wouldn't consider the m112 a better blower than the m90, especially if your plan is to overdrive it. Detonated goes a lot further than fuel ratio. Piston design, quench, port work are much more important to me. Why 8-1 compression? That's too low, your throwing away efficiency for the false hope that a generic reverse dome piston with no quench won't detonate

Even at 8 to 1 compression? With midlingth headers 2 1/4 inch dual exhaust no cats and a colder spark plug? Cam would be 115 lobe separation.it will be run through 225 lph pump with 42lb injectors running a little rich . timing with the cam would be retarded a degree.i don't think it will detonate with this setup.but I could be wrong

Your recipe is flawed. What you have described will make about 300rwhp on a good day.

The build will use 85mm tb magum powers with a 80 mm maf a 273 intake 281 exhaust 112 lobe or the 114 can't decide yet port matched and polished heads.ported m90 with water cooled intercooler on a tranny cooler for the fluid with fans.upgraded vales and springs obviously. 10% overdrive pulley system. Mid length headers. 2 1/4 inch true dual pipes with flow master 50s.Pretty sure I'm gonna make more then 300 hp.if not ~~~~ it scrap the SC block and use the 4.6 and just work with that.but that's my build plans.want to use the m112 for the split port conversion .it's more efficient at air fuel delivery

Last edited:
Couple people here have already tried the M112 conversion and the results were not favorable at all over just using an M90.

Back