Headbolts - Ford or Autozone?

91BLOWNSC

Which place should I purchase my headbolts from. I called the ford dealership today and they quoted me a price of 105.92!!! And then I called autozone and they have headbolts made by fel-pro that are 15.99 a set, or about 32 dollars for both sides. If I purchase the ones from autozone am I sacrificing quality? What are your recommendations?

Also on a sperate note I also called a local speed shop today who does work on cars for racing, and I asked them about porting out my stock exhaust manifolds and they said it was going to be roughly 100 dollars a side! Is that normal to be that high? I Was getting the impression of ~100 for both!

Last edited:
I bought the Fel-Pro head bolts. Around $40 for both sides. I put the whole Fel-Pro gasket set into my engine, why not the headbolts too!

well.

Well they don't make ARP head bolts for one thing, second the studs are 130 dollars, third I don't have that kind of money to dump into it. Although I would like to. The original gaskets lasted me 125,000 miles (original gaskets) so i figure the aftermarket are going to have to last me at least 150,000 and I will have more money to spend on it then IF i have the car that long.

don't use the old ones,they stretch when torqued and are only good for one time. fel-pro makes excellent products.
good luck.
joe

Back