Ticking in gear?

superpoop

Hey guys.

You are all being a great help to my build, im learning so much about the SC, its actually almost built. Its all back together, i have all gears, no vacuum or coolant leaks, its almost ready!

One of the last things to check over on this car is i have a ticking noise in all motion gears. No sounds in neutral or park, but D, OD, R... i get a rotational ticking sound.

I have backed off and re tightened the torque converter to flex plate bolts, and ensured before i installed the motor that the flex plate to motor bolts were torqued to spec.

Is there anything im missing?

Neill

Hey guys.

You are all being a great help to my build, im learning so much about the SC, its actually almost built. Its all back together, i have all gears, no vacuum or coolant leaks, its almost ready!

One of the last things to check over on this car is i have a ticking noise in all motion gears. No sounds in neutral or park, but D, OD, R... i get a rotational ticking sound.

I have backed off and re tightened the torque converter to flex plate bolts, and ensured before i installed the motor that the flex plate to motor bolts were torqued to spec.

Is there anything im missing?

Neill

Yes; those parts are in motion even if the car is in neutral.

Do you get the ticking sound even when sitting still, or only while moving (even if at 1 to 2 MPH)?

Is it from the front, the middle, or the rear of the car?

RwP

Yes; those parts are in motion even if the car is in neutral.

Do you get the ticking sound even when sitting still, or only while moving (even if at 1 to 2 MPH)?

Is it from the front, the middle, or the rear of the car?

RwP

Sounds like it is coming from the transmission area. It does it when stationary or moving, and increases with the motor.

I did read something about the park pawl not disengaging properly on the AOD trans, does this sound familiar?

Back