Who can tell me symptoms of bad DIS?

My car wont start and I have already checked out the Crankshaft sensor, and I suspect the DIS. What are the symptoms of a bad DIS???:confused:
dirtybird91

Mine seemed to buck under acceleration. I had already changed the plugs and wires. I changed the DIS and fixed the problem. Haven't had it not start though. If I'm any help, you're welcome, if not, keep in mind for future reference.

Is your fuel system ok. I recently had a fuel pump go bad. Yours might be on the way there. Does your car turn like its trying to start but never does. Check your fuel rail with a gauge or your could just poke a screw driver and see if any liquid gold comes out :) (Gotta love premium gas) Hope this helps

done that too...

I've checked the fuel rail for pressure, and it is strong! I even put a new filter on it for good measure. I'm sure this is ignition-related and not fuel.:(

my DIS when it went bad, made the car run on 4 cylinders. the check engine light would come on during this time too. it started intermittantly, it would go out for 5 minutes, and then be fine for 3-4 days, near the end it would be fine for a few minutes and go out for a few hours (i had to drive it 200 miles on 4 cylinders, maybe 20 miles of the trip the dis WAS working :( )

Back