Bushings for radiator mounts...has anyone replaced these?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Howdy all,

Has anyone changed the bushings in the radiator mounts? I don't really think it's that necessary to replace them...however...when I was replacing the radiator in the teal car a few weeks ago I was spainting the mounts and thougt it would be much better to get them powdercoated...which means removing the bushings. If the bushings are being removed, then why not replace them?

prepping to replace the rad in the chameleon car so I figured I ask.

I've replaced the rubber, but not the steel. If the ones you have look like road kill, I'd replace them, sure, otherwise, clean them up to whatever degree makes you happy, confirm the rubber is still in the game and live large. They seem to only serve to restrict the clamping force on the rubber, which seem tasked with limiting vibrations into a fragile component.

I've replaced the rubber, but not the steel. If the ones you have look like road kill, I'd replace them, sure, otherwise, clean them up to whatever degree makes you happy, confirm the rubber is still in the game and live large. They seem to only serve to restrict the clamping force on the rubber, which seem tasked with limiting vibrations into a fragile component.

Got any info on the replacement rubber?

Back