Different brake problem

bleemiebird

I have a 90 35th sc. The abs light lights up and the abs pump runs every time I hit the brakes. I had my uncle do a computer check but he kept getting a error 21 which is a problem in the wiring harness. It is a rather indepth repair to replace the wiring harness or chase wires. I'd hate for that to not be it after all that work. What I hoping is that some one out there would know if there is a nother root I can try first that is a little less work. I've alredy replaced the computer. My next guess would be the abs censor or relay. any input will be apreciated.

Sorry to dissappoint you, I'm sure you were looking for a bigger and more expensive problem, but its not a wire... not a sensor.. not a relay.. you have a worn out accumulator. Contact prior remanufacturing for the best price on a replacement unit. www.priorreman.com

They run about $100 and take about 1hr to install. Or you can order the Ford unit (about $250), but be SURE you match it up with the old unit before you pay for it, cause there are 2 different fitting sizes.

Post back here for how to safely and properly install it and if you have any other questions as to why.

You don't need to match-up the unit from Prior, it has the "universal" (shorter) thread length. The Ford units come in a long-threaded nipple and a shorter threaded nipple. Ford is too expensive so why go through the hassle of measuring the threads??? Just call Prior Remanufacturing...........

Accumulator

Ford units have been obsoleted, none were available in N.E. Ohio as of July and if you did manage to find one, chances are that it has already lost a lot of its initial N2 charge anyway.

Back