Window Trim - Interchangeability/Differences

smms25

Hey everybody,

I need to get the upper and lower window trim replaced on my 93 SC and I was wondering the following:
Is that trim the same for regular Thunderbirds (I vaguely remember something about felt vs non-felt)
What other years work?
Are there other cars that used the same trim?

Hey everybody,

I need to get the upper and lower window trim replaced on my 93 SC and I was wondering the following:
Is that trim the same for regular Thunderbirds (I vaguely remember something about felt vs non-felt)
What other years work?
Are there other cars that used the same trim?

OK, so which windows are you referring to? The cross windshield upper trim is the same for LX,SC and for 89-93 at least. Same for the back glass upper+lower. The door window seal has a felt face that allows the window to slide over the seal. Should be the same as all regular tbirds. If you have a sunroof, that seal is really difficult to find now, but it is/was available in a felted and unfelted.. you want felted for the same reason as the door windows, but you can probably live with the plain rubber if nothing else is available.

All of the window trim is the same but very difficult to find especially the rear lower. Most of the guys I have seen repair them have done it with plastidip or molding and trim paint.

David

The rear window seal changed for 1993 or 1994; the newer ones seem to be more reliable and durable.

However, they all fit the exact same; I'd take newer trim and paint it to match unless I was doing a numbers-matching resto.

RwP

Good info on here. We'll be working on a '91 LX right after we finished installing the new rack and tonneau covers for kayak mount on the truck. We'll needing a cross windshield upper trim, good to know '93s will fit just

I just strip the vinyl off the aluminum trim, scuff it with a green scotch bright pad and use the bumper/trim paint from Duplicolor. It's fast, cheap and lasts plus it looks great.

I just strip the vinyl off the aluminum trim, scuff it with a green scotch bright pad and use the bumper/trim paint from Duplicolor. It's fast, cheap and lasts plus it looks great.

I need to do this!!! Both rear upper and lower doesn't have any black paint on them anymore!!!

thread revised :D

Back