PDA

View Full Version : tranny ...

stephens89sc
11-26-2002, 01:05 PM
i need my syncros re-built or replaced, im in vancouver BC.
now if i take my tranny out myself and take it to a place will it be cheaper than just bringing them my whole car and letting them do all the work? cause i can get it out and put it in, i just cant re-build the thing... if anyone knows the esitmated cost in cdn dollars or anywhere i can go in my area some info would be really apreciated. thx guys

fastsc92
11-26-2002, 02:05 PM
If you take it out it is much cheaper. I blew mine up...took it out and brought it somewhere and got a price. It was only like 400 bucks for everything. I ending up doing it myself because i was cheap. lol. It was pretty easy doing it yourself you just need some special tools and you're all set. I got a 25pg instruction from ALLDATA....with step by step and pictures so it was very easy. I'm rebuilding neiborhood friend's 5 speeds and i think its fun now.

stephens89sc
11-26-2002, 05:38 PM
but is that cdn or american funds???

i prob wanna get someone to do the work thogh i dont trust myself enough, i dont think im ready for that yet, its a lil 2 intricate.

and is it worth it to take the tranny out myself?? how much will i save?

gldiii
11-26-2002, 06:15 PM
To fastsc92, do you have any info on getting those instructions from Alldata? Was this on their CD or did you just purchase a printed set of instructions?

fastsc92
11-26-2002, 08:18 PM
Well my father works for a technical school he's real good friends with the auto body and automotive guy there. Whenever i need a tool i can always borrow it. And they have top of the line, near new snap-on tools. Anyways i got the instructions from them. They have the commerical verison on the software on DVD......has every car ever made and has little movies and detailed instrucitons on everything you could think of. I doubt you could find these unless you paid 25,000 for the software but i might be able to scan the ones i have if you reallly need them.