JBL Subwoofer Ported

BUDXR7

I just picked up a JBL sub enclosure from a 94. It was already upgraded to the JL 6W0 4 ohms. The resistance tested good but the foam is junk. I ordered a kit for $20 to rebuild it. Still has the stock amp, which may not even work.... I've given some thought to just upgrading to a proper aftermarket amp though. So, my question is regarding the enclosure. I've read that the enclosure is 0.38 ft3. The 6W0 calls for 0.17 ft3 sealed and 0.25 ft3 ported. See this. Has anybody ported the stock enclosure with this sub? How about an aftermarket 100w amp vs oem?

I'm curious about it. Not too much depth in the box to really tune the port though, but not sure how much it would need. When I replaced mine after much research I think I settled on a Pioneer one that matched the factory specs and ohm requirement. It has been so long I don't remember exactly what it was though, but I've got it all in my binder somewhere.

I just picked up a JBL sub enclosure from a 94. It was already upgraded to the JL 6W0 4 ohms. The resistance tested good but the foam is junk. I ordered a kit for $20 to rebuild it. Still has the stock amp, which may not even work.... I've given some thought to just upgrading to a proper aftermarket amp though. So, my question is regarding the enclosure. I've read that the enclosure is 0.38 ft3. The 6W0 calls for 0.17 ft3 sealed and 0.25 ft3 ported. See this. Has anybody ported the stock enclosure with this sub? How about an aftermarket 100w amp vs oem?

I run an aftermarket amp with mine works well with my aftermarket deck.

I have a JL 6WO in my stock enclosure. I did it at least 10
Years ago though. But I know I did it haha I don’t even remember what I did with an amp at this point it was so long ago. I know my little JBL cover won’t fit anymore if I get back there I’ll take some pictures of how it is now.

Back