Differential Bushings

JoePolo

One of my two front mounts is shot. What does everyone like using? Or are their even options? Was thinking their may be a urethane option people like, perhaps a solid, or is everyone just use the stock rubber type? Curious to hear some feedback. Likes...Dislikes

I've got a set of Energy Suspension poly mounts in mine; Bill at SuperCoupePerformance has some and some solid ones.

It rather depends on a) what you're doing with your car, and b) are you willing to also upgrade the rear mount? (I'd not put solid in front and leave the original rubber in the back, for instance.)

RwP

I've got a set of Energy Suspension poly mounts in mine; Bill at SuperCoupePerformance has some and some solid ones.

It rather depends on a) what you're doing with your car, and b) are you willing to also upgrade the rear mount? (I'd not put solid in front and leave the original rubber in the back, for instance.)

RwP

It’s just a driver but would like longevity, and also I don’t mind changing whatever mounts as long as it’s correct and will last. No problem with extra work, it’s all done on a car lift so no extra skin off my back hahaha

It’s just a driver but would like longevity, and also I don’t mind changing whatever mounts as long as it’s correct and will last. No problem with extra work, it’s all done on a car lift so no extra skin off my back hahaha

Then I'd use the ES poly bushings. Those, or Prothane. (Again, Bill at SuperCoupePerformance.COM and probably Victor at SpinningWheels-SC.COM will have some; may want to order from them and support our vendors.)

RwP

Then I'd use the ES poly bushings. Those, or Prothane. (Again, Bill at SuperCoupePerformance.COM and probably Victor at SpinningWheels-SC.COM will have some; may want to order from them and support our vendors.)

RwP

For sure that’s the only way I would do it. Thanks for the advice

The poly bushing should be fine for street use for a mostly factory SC...especially automatic. I've smashed a couple of sets with my modified 5-speed (likely from drag racing and/or wheel hopping).

I'm not aware of new aftermarket replacement rubber bushings though.

Back