MP FMIC w/ Air Conditioning - best fan setup?

Tim Groth

SCCoA Member
Need some suggestions from those who have already pioneered the MP FMIC, I need to know the best options for cooling and keeping IATs as low as possible. Please keep in mind I intend to keep the A/C on the car - this was added back at my wife's request so removal is not negotiable.

Car currently has a brand new Factory Condenser, MP FMIC and then a 20x21x3 inch Cold Case radiator I purchased while on the power tour. As a puller I am running a SPAL 16 fan, with the highest CFM rating they offer. The factory A/C pusher fan is in place, however it isn't triggering w/ AC or high temps currently...I'm in the process of sorting that one out. Short term I plan to snag a pigtail from a parts car and wire in a switch to trigger the fan as needed. I've yet to run A/C till I manage my temps.

I believe I can make this setup work with a quality pusher fan setup, just need to know what every else is running.

-Tim

I have a high crm spal fan on mine I just reinstalled .one while I waited for parts but do not recall the part numbers. I bought it from scp back in 2006.seemed to work fine when I had ac.

Right John. I already spoke with Tim and agree 100% with your comment. The only change I made was to have the two fans wired so that they come on together. None of this low speed, high speed stuff.

Good point mine is like that too. Mine are wired to come on with the computer turning on my fan relays and by a switch on the console.

Right John. I already spoke with Tim and agree 100% with your comment. The only change I made was to have the two fans wired so that they come on together. None of this low speed, high speed stuff.

Back