Wiper Motor issue..

JOE91SC

It all started after I had to removed the whole wiper/motor assembly to replace the ABS Accumulator ball. The issue is the wiper will not return to home position. It would stop straight up on towards the driver's side. It's almost like it is running backwards.. but I couldn't find anything that might of got switched around backwards. Any help on that is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Well...hummm...did you index the wipers when you put them back on the posts? Are the plastic keys still involved?

Thanks for the reply. I went back and swap the piece that goes on the motor shaft around 180 degree which cranks the wiper mechanism. and it is back to normal. :) Its one piece that I over looked.

I went back and swap the piece that goes on the motor shaft around 180 degree which cranks the wiper mechanism..

When I get in that far, I just remove the whole assembly and leave that part attached. Glad you sorted it. Good luck w/the repair. Did you see my write up on swapping accumulators?

Did you see my write up on swapping accumulators?

Yes, I sure did. It was very thorough. Thanks!

Even though I changed the accumulator ball, but the ABS light still stayed on.

Last edited:
Yes, I sure did. It was very thorough. Thanks!

Even though I changed the accumulator ball, but the ABS light still stayed on.

You can pull codes on the ABS computer too (separate connector in the trunk on early SC's...red in either case)

IIRC, the light flashes the codes too.

You can pull codes on the ABS computer too (separate connector in the trunk on early SC's...red in either case)

IIRC, the light flashes the codes too.

Just curious how is it done? or to get the light to flash code.. I have a OBD1, and I've borrowed an OBD-2. and seems they both don't do ABS codes.

Back