M5r2 versions??

35th

Looking to replace my transmission due to previous owner bascily ripped all the gears so my question is the ranger and f150 m5r2 is that the same or if not what's the difference?

Looking to replace my transmission due to previous owner bascily ripped all the gears so my question is the ranger and f150 m5r2 is that the same or if not what's the difference?

Well, what THEY have is the M5R1, not the M5R2.

Gears can swap for the most part, but the shifter location is different.

RwP

Well, what THEY have is the M5R1, not the M5R2.

Gears can swap for the most part, but the shifter location is different.

RwP

Why are the f150 and ranger transsion labeled as m5r2 if that's not what they are

The Ranger has the M5R1, the F150 has the M5R2. There are enough differences between the F150 version and the SC version that to swap in an F150 unit would involve pulling it and an SC trans apart, and rebuilding one trans out of the 2, and at that point, you might as well just rebuild the SC trans.

The Ranger has the M5R1, the F150 has the M5R2. There are enough differences between the F150 version and the SC version that to swap in an F150 unit would involve pulling it and an SC trans apart, and rebuilding one trans out of the 2, and at that point, you might as well just rebuild the SC trans.

OK well that answers my question so it has to be out of an SC not a f150 or ranger so I do appreciate your time and effort helping me

Also keep in mind the gear ratios from 89to 93 then changed for 94-95. Most likely you just need blockers get some brass ones or carbon fiber ones. Any gear shop can handle the job

Also keep in mind the gear ratios from 89to 93 then changed for 94-95. Most likely you just need blockers get some brass ones or carbon fiber ones. Any gear shop can handle the job

Definitely needs blockers but all the gears are grooved in the center of the gear when you pull the fork assembly off the trans and look in definitely doesn't look good I just got the car and this is how it was which is why I got it cheap
Next time I'm near the car I'll post a pic of the transmission gears its stored at my father's at the moment he has more space

Back