Differential vent tube/hose leaking.

ricardoa1

I got around to checking where the oil stains were coming from, I had a assumed it was from the side seals since they were not changed during my recent rebuild. Instead the drips where from the lower control arm area, which is where the hose gets tucked into the subframe, anyways, the nipple was not in completely but it seems to still be venting and spitting oil out of the other end of the hose. Questions is does this indicate an overfill or did I use a bad gear oil manufacturer that is allowing it to foam up? or did I simply run the diff too hard and its making the oil too thin or a combination of different factors. Anyone having this problem?

I saw a similar 'leak' issue when I changed/refilled my Anny's diff...decided to try again, suspecting it was over filled, so... I made sure the car was level LR/FR, then left the fill plug out over nite so it could take it's time draining. No issues after doing it that way.

What oil did you use?

Should be ok for MA, I think, not sure about MX, tho. And your lat model doesn't need friction mod back there, so...

Should be ok for MA, I think, not sure about MX, tho. And your lat model doesn't need friction mod back there, so...

I do need friction mod as I have lsd. The automatics had open diffs. But I give the diff a serious workout the way I drive I wonder if I heat up and make it too allowing it to do what it did. Or maybe it’s overfilled and it will eventually stop.

Serious workout plus overfilled always makes me want to puke, too.

Hope it's not under, now...

Does anyone know the orientation of the plastic fitting? It seems it’s angle cut inside to shield somthing. On the base of the outside there is a groove, which way does this go?

I have that installed with the notch facing the rear. The part number is E9SZ-4022-A if you wanted to get a new one.

20140807_205959.jpg

Back