Driver side seatbelt latch

89XR7TD

SCCoA Member
I'm in the process of changing out the sliding seatbelt latch
and I have the panel off but not sure about getting it out it is the latch that locks in the seatbelt and moves it forward and backward as you open/close the door. Any help is appreciated this on the 93 SC

Thanks!

You have to remove the entire rail. That means you have to remove the entire back seat, the side panel, and the top panel.

As TBirdSCFan said, you get to disassemble the interior of the car to get to it.

BTW - that's not the seatbelt latch; that's the shoulder harness latch.

Seatbelt latch is on the seat at the console, and is where the seat belt connects.

Do you need a set of tracks? I was given a set, but then decided to convert to the manual belts in my 1991 Cougar.

RwP

Thanks to both of you for the tips, the shoulder harness looks to have an Allen head bolt or torx head that needs to come out, will it slide out or will it be still wedged in between, the previous owner broke off the release button and shell of the latch, that us why I'm replacing it. Thank you

Huh.

I always got the buckle with the track and left it all together; both my earlier replacement, and the set I got from Conner DeKnikker.

Speaking of - I decided to go to manual belts on my 1991. Need both tracks? Close to Northwest Louisiana?

RwP

Huh.

I always got the buckle with the track and left it all together; both my earlier replacement, and the set I got from Conner DeKnikker.

Speaking of - I decided to go to manual belts on my 1991. Need both tracks? Close to Northwest Louisiana?

RwP

How much do you want for them? I'm in NJ

How much do you want for them? I'm in NJ

If you have a FedEx or UPS account, you can have them for the price of packing and shipping.

Conner gave them to me, but I then decided to put new belts in instead of running 28 year old belts. (Something about 28 year old sun rotted cloth doesn't exactly inspire safe feelings for me and my wife ... )

Otherwise, let me know the zip code, I'll see about getting them packed and how much to ship; same story, yours for packing and shipping.

RwP

Back