Which Serpentine Belt Size? (Or Part Number)

SuperCoupe007

Hey guys,

I temporarily need to use a serpentine belt that can bypass the Power Steering Pump OR the A/C Pulley, does anyone know which size/brand/part number I need?

I could also bypass both AC pulley and PS pump if necessary.
Oh, and the car is completely stock.

Thanks.

If you bypass the AC you need to modify the tensioner or get a mustang tensioner. So it pulls up on the belt instead of down. I believe that one is a 56" belt. Gates K080560.

I can't really help with the PS side. But you may need to remove the PS pulley. I'm not sure if there is enough room for the belt to go straight to the ALT.

If you bypass the AC you need to modify the tensioner or get a mustang tensioner. So it pulls up on the belt instead of down. I believe that one is a 56" belt. Gates K080560.

I can't really help with the PS side. But you may need to remove the PS pulley. I'm not sure if there is enough room for the belt to go straight to the ALT.

I have bypassed my power steering without removing the PS pulley. I only did it at the track for a couple of years and I do know remember how much clearance there was or wasn't, but I never had an issue.

But I do know if you dont spin the pump but turn the steering wheel enough you will start puking PS fluid on the ground.

BLOWN38 & Kurt K

Thanks for your help and information.
I thought it would be an easy temporary solution to driving it without PS for a few weeks.
But if i would have bypassed the PS pulley, I was afraid that the belt would have rubbed against the lower radiator hose.
So, for now i decided to just park it until I have time to inspect the PS system and see where its leaking from.

Thanks!
:cool::cool:

Back