replace supercharger tube "nut" with "V" bands or compression clamps?

mikeAZ

replace supercharger tube "nut" with "V" bands or compression clamps?

I have the supercharger out (replacing leaking rocker cover gasket). I've read here that you can replace the tube seals with RTV. Several different RTV's seem to be favored.... Is there a "best" one to use?. Anyone find a "V" band that will fit the tubes and eliminate the "nuts"/clamps OR are the Factory clamps and the combination of RTV and Factory clamps the giving longest lasting seal... I'm thinking we want a good seal on the tube mating services... Searching, it looks like some just re-use the existing seal and I see a teflon seal kit is available for about $20...

Last edited:
I have the supercharger out (replacing leaking rocker cover gasket). I've read here that you can replace the tube seals with RTV. Several different RTV's seem to be favored.... Is there a "best" one to use?. Anyone find a "V" band that will fit the tubes and eliminate the "nuts"/clamps OR are the Factory clamps and the combination of RTV and Factory clamps the giving longest lasting seal... I'm thinking we want a good seal on the tube mating services... Searching, it looks like some just re-use the existing seal and I see a teflon seal kit is available for about $20...

I use ultra gray on both connections on the top tube. If you disconnected the bottom I have been using the teflon seals on those two connection. I have removed and re-installed a few times with this method.

If you're just using the stock IC and piping, I can't imagine there would be any value in changing the style of clamps.

Cleaning the tapered mating surfaces well and using some RTV works great.

Back