radiator leaking

scskydivin

SCCoA Member
I'm on my 2nd Griffin radiator it's leaking all along the bottom where the core meets the bottom aluminum trans cooler. It's filling up the spaces on the bottom and spilling over like a bathtub being over run. Has anyone else had this problem with the Griffins? I use my car as a daily driver and don't drive it hard. The temp stays between 180 degees during normal driving and 195 degrees in traffic. I keep it full of Prestone 50/50 and have used none of the 'stop leak' products. I've had this radiator for about 3 years. My 1st griffin blew a hole through the core. I know that there's no warranty, and items do fail after some time, but I am finding it challenging to fork over another 600+ bucks for another one.

I had that problem with my original Griffin. Luckily it happened with about 2 weeks left on the warranty. I haven't had the issue since, but I obviously don't drive mine as much as yours. I'd look for a welded aluminum replacement if there is one available, since I have heard of others with issues with the epoxy bonding used by Griffin.

Back