Best radiator replacement option

SofaKing420

My radiator in my 1990 SC 5sp is leaking. It is an all steel rad but local shop wants 400 to repair. The Griffin rad is too much and overkill for my car. I found 3 options on Rock Auto. Liland Global part # 128AA all aluminum rad but does not include intercooler frame. CSF radiator part # 2634 includes intercooler bracket. And Spectra part # CU128 does not include intercooler mount. Has anyone installed these rads before? My intercooler frame is spot welded to my rad. Can this frame be removed and installed on either the Liland 128AA or the Spectra CU128. Any other options would be appreciated also. Thanks for your help.

I cannot help you on the Intercooler bracket, i did install the spectra one. It was pretty decent, the paint though did start to come off on a few spots, so when i do the thermostat and a few other things gonna pull that rad and repaint it.

The ones without brackets require that you have removable brackets. So if yours are welded/soldered, then get one that includes the brackets because the other ones won't fit properly.

Back