roller rocker hits valve cover

tim

Help the stud for my 1.8 rockers hit on the side were the small metal plate is inside the valve covers. I know if the plate is removed the engine will suck oil out of the covers. anyone know a simple fix? Thanks Tim:confused:

Two things come to mind. You could pull the studs and cut them down a little to prevent them from hitting the baffle inside your valve covers. this may sound weird but I remember the old days when the small block chevys would have this trouble and many racers would double up on the valve cover gaskets to help with this problem. I know our valve cover gaskets are preformed so I am not sure how they would lay down on top of one another and another thing to think about would be crankcase pressures which our engines produce lots of under boost so i am not sure how long it would be until they leaked. You could try and and see how well they seal up. But I think the best thing to do would be too cut the studs down. I hope that helps.

1.8's

I was planning on doing this. Take some pics of this if you could. Things you do to the heads, installation, and modifications. And let me know how this works out. Also, which 1.8's are they, are they the ones from moranav6racing.com ?

roller rockers

Thanks for the advise, they only hit on the adjuster in the spot where the baffle is . I tried to ding the metal baffle down for clearance and it seems to have worked. To answer your question yes they are morana. I will put up with the minor problem for the extra power. I will let you knoe how it works out. Tim

Remove the baffle and ad a clear inline gas filter to hose going into the oil fill spout. Thsi will get rid of your hitting problem and actually allow less oil into your intake..Even a metal screen filter will do :O)

roller rockers hit

wow what a great idea thanks for the info. is thatwhat you did . Tim

Back