Exhaust options for 1990 and 1991 Thunderbird SC

Rick_Leuce

Hello,
I noticed SuperCoupe performance parts is running a New Years special on exhaust. My cars are pretty much bone stock (1990 and 1991) and Im thinking about upgrading my exhaust. I was thinking about getting a true dual 2 1/2” cat back exhaust, but I see I would need to swap my gas tank to the 1992 and newer style for it to work. I then noticed the 3” high flow exhaust (for same price) that can be had with a 1989-1991 as well as 1992 and newer. I also found a true dual exhaust (from second link) that claims it is compatible with 1989 and newer. It is only $150 and can be had in stainless steel for extra $100.00.

Which exhaust should I go with? (Is it worth swapping a fuel tank for true dual from Supercoupe performance?)

Or is there an alternative exhaust I should go with?

Any feedback appreciated.

https://www.supercoupeperformance.com/headers-exhaust-21?pagenumber=2

http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/products/89-97-ford-thunderbird-dual-exhaust-tubing-system.html

I have the mandrelexhaustsystems pipes for the early style. Keep in mind it basically only comes with the pipes to get around the gas tank. You need to get from the manifolds to the back of the transmission, and you also need to get your own cats, tailpipes, and mufflers. If you can weld, then it is a good piece and well worth the cost, but if you would have to pay a shop to make the rest of the exhaust, you would be better off just buying the complete setup from SCP.

Buy mine

I have 92-93 style true duel exhaust dynomax muffs magnaflow resenator down tubes already on it all set to be on your car no modding hang it and go. Also i have the tank with 255 pump in it ready to roll. It will take some work to change tank but good time to do pump upgrade.

All this for the low price of $450 shipping is NOT included and pick up would be preferred.

I have 92-93 style true duel exhaust dynomax muffs magnaflow resenator down tubes already on it all set to be on your car no modding hang it and go. Also i have the tank with 255 pump in it ready to roll. It will take some work to change tank but good time to do pump upgrade.

All this for the low price of $450 shipping is NOT included and pick up would be preferred.

Your 92-93 style exhaust system will not fit the 89-91 SC without swapping to the 92-97 gas tank.
Edit: I see now that you are offering the tank too.

Last edited:

I appreciate the offer. Are they 2 1/4” or 2 1/2”. Could you send pics?
I live in Canton, Georgia, so I may need to think about how badly I want them.

Last edited:
Back