Door Lock & Alarm Issue

JoePolo

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue with their SC. My 1990, if I unlock the driver's side door with the key, the alarm will sound when I open the door. I can unlock the passenger side with the keys and use the keyless entry and the alarm will not sound?? Any ideas?? Has done this the entire time I've owned the car since 2005 haha

The anti-theft disarm switch in the driver's side door lock must be broken or stuck in the open position. It is supposed to close when the door lock is opened by the correct key, thus signaling the factory alarm to disarm.

The anti-theft disarm switch in the driver's side door lock must be broken or stuck in the open position. It is supposed to close when the door lock is opened by the correct key, thus signaling the factory alarm to disarm.

Ok thanks. A guy on TCCOA told me to basically try locking and unlocking it a couple of times and that seemed to work I was able to, unlock the door, then relock it, and unlock again and open the door with no alarm sound. I need to try it once more time just straight unlocking and see how it goes.

Back