Compatibility 1990 SC engine and 1995 SC engine.

Tunevo

Hey all,

Have my 1990 SC, and looking at rebuilding and installing a 1995 SC engine in it. I know things changed over the years, question is, would it be a direct swap over, or is there re-pinning, module swapping, etc to do. Both cars are manual cars.

Any insight is appreciated!

James

James:

Do you want to take the path of least resistance and just bolt things back in, or do you want to try to make a '95 out of your '90?

I think if you just stick to the built block w/heads you won't have any issues.

If you want to run the 95's larger injectors to take advantage of the better intake/supercharger things get tricky, but doable. If you want the improved late model exhaust manifolds you'll need to modify the '90's system, or install the 95's system and fuel tank.

Some FYI internal diffs noted in this thread if you're curious: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthr...ines&highlight=late+model+short+block+changes - all good news in your example.

Ken

Last edited:
The long blocks are interchangeable. Use your 90 front cover, balancer and the 90 electronics (DIS module) and you'll be fine.

-Tim

The long blocks are interchangeable. Use your 90 front cover, balancer and the 90 electronics (DIS module) and you'll be fine.

-Tim

I just went through this 95 to 90 swap and I am pretty sure the late model cover will work with the early ballancer and crank sensor

90 to 95 compatibility

Very hard to find replacement early model crank sensors now?
Might be good time to update?

Back