Now theres 3yr 36,000 on remanufactured engines

Mike Manzo

Ford dealer told me to today that last month Ford went to 3 years 36,000 miles for all remanufactured engines.

Thats not too bad...

how much?

How much and do they do anything extra as far as better parts that they have had problems with like for instance, let me think, ummm, I got one, HEAD GASKETS!

FUKKK FORD

FUKKK FORD & Their BULLSH!T WARRANTY.....If you get a Reman from FORD they will give you 3 years 36000 miles...I don;t doubt that...BUT...The fact that when you put that motor in and it takes a SH!T at 15K miles for example...You get another one...COOL right? It akes a SH!T liike the other one did after another 15K on it so they give you antoher one...COOL right???...Yea...So then that one lastsLets say 8K miles like mine did...Well add up the miles boys...Thats right...Too damn bad...The miles roll over as they keep giving you the same garbage each and every time you lose an engine up until you are no longer under warranty...That is what happened to me...Think I am gonna go buy a ford reman? Or FORD any GOD DAMN THING? HELL NO...I love my SC's, but I am way pissed at fords position on warranty issues...It is obvious that the product I was getting from them was SH!T, yet I am left with no recourse but to find a proper built engine that more than likely will not need a warranty to back it up...WTF is up with FORD???

LATA.....FUKKKK!!!! (Sorry for the rant) No harm done I hope..Beware though....

Been there, done that...

This is engine #6 in my SC. All Ford Reman'd engines. Each engine died due to a plugged cat on the passenger side that no one diagnosed.

Now, with the exception of the ticking and other noises that were the tell-tale signs of the intense heat that cooked the internals from the cat, the engine is OK (now that I say that..)

I have had this engine in the car since 64,000, the cat exploded at around 74,000 (after a long, cold winter that kept temps down). The engine started to tick and when the cat blew and took the exhaust flange with it, the progression of the ticking (to the level of oil pressure loss like the others, cracked heads, etc) seemed to have stopped.

Now I beat the **** out of it because Ford wont do **** about it because of what you just ranted about...They start the warranty from engine #1...Period.

See, at $3000 to obtain and drop and engine in this thing, its still cheaper than Dr. Fred who probably has run like hell away from my bad-luck car and wont answer his emails about building me an engine and Coy Miller which I dont have money for.

If I choose to go the route of the reman'd engine, I plan to videotape document everything as well as keep all the paperwork. My secret plan is to utilize my 10+ Thunderbird-related domain names to document everything.

Part will contain all the repair orders that show the SIX engines that Woodfield Ford installed and all the deaths and another section would contain every piece of information about the new engine (if its from Ford). If the first engine takes a ****, I will cite the other six engines, point Ford in the direction of my Website and say "rebuild it by hand".

This time, I will leave no loophole to crawl through if I can and give my attorney enough evidence to utilize against them.

The only thing I dont like is the fact that I cant mod ANYTHING.

But I have polled other reman'd users and have heard good results, but they didnt get them from Illinois. I have the offer from Dan Newmann at Five Star, but my local Ford dealer will honor the price, but wont get the engine from there.

Right now this reman'd engine runs AMSOIL 0-30 in cold winter (because of light rod knock starting to make noise because I beat the **** out of it).

Other than that it is very strong, sounds like a diesel and is embarassing, but it's ok. I have almost 50,000 miles on the engine alone, so if another reman'd could last 80,000 miles without the cat problem that shortened this ones life, thats good for me. Its still cheaper than a rebuild and cheaper than a new car.

God knows I have every other part for this car other than the engine.

Last edited:
Back