Will a large fuel pump in stock bird do anything (bad or good)

Mike Manzo

I was always curious if the 155lph pump that is installed in the stock SCs is good enough to meet the demand? I would assume so, but was always curious..

Anyway, would installing a 190lph pump or better a 250lph pump in a mostly stock bird (anticipating mods that will eventually need this anyway) cause any harm?

I assume that the fuel pressure regulator coupled with the computer would quell any "flooding" since it is all computer controlled, but I wanted to ask...

Thanks!

As far as I know it won't do anything to the car. If you have to replace it I would go with the 190 couse then your all set for upgrades...Bill

correct me if im wrong. but the stock fuel pump is not 155lph. its actually only110lph-120lph depending on year of car.and yes it will do some thing for the car. the 190lph is good to go with it can handle up to 450 hp i belive. u can get one from jegs or summit for $108.00 i belive.

Won't hurt anything. There is no need to upgrade, but if yours is worn (over 100K) then it is worthwhile. I would not go with a 255lph unless you are planning serious upgrades.

No it wont. The SC is a return fuel system, whatever it doesnt use, it gets put back into your fuel tank. The pump is not a high pressure unit, it is a high flow unit. What you will do though is heat up your gas by moving it so damned much :p

Al

I believe it was 110 for teh earlier cars and 155 for teh 94-95..Regardless a 155 would be plenty for you right now..If you plan on doing some upgrades later on a 190 is more then enough....I wouldnt reccomend the 255 for exactly teh same reason as Al...Also the higher flow pumps do not last as long

T1Bird said:
i think 89-91 they were 139lph then 92 to 95 was 155lph

i got my info from work off the mitchell on demand program not sure if u guys are familiar with that program.

Back