how rare?

stangmangetsXR7

i remeber reading once that 1989 cougar xr7s in black with 5speed were rare anyone have any idea how many were made or how i can find this out.

thank you

Not sure on the numbers, but the 90 black XR7 with 5spd and black leather interior are the rarest. :)

Did these cars come with stock ground effects similar to the Tbird? I have seen some with added ground effects, and it looks excellent in my opinion. If you are attempting to buy one of these Stangmagnet; I certainly suggest to consider 89s & 90s. It will be easier

Well 89 and 90 were the only two years for supercharged cougars so its rare no matter what color and tranny it has. I want a red one with an Automatic and black leather, but can't find one. Guess I don't need it but you know I'd like to have one.

I got two SC's right now and thats enough, trust me. Both need to have some work done. I think my 92 has a stuck caliper in the rear. The 90 is being rebuilt and I'm waiting to get my supercharger back so I can finish it up.

Scott, there is a red 90 auto with black leather on Ebay now. Item #1873540706. Mine has black cloth.

Bill Evanoff's CHARGIN THUNDER says.........

.......there were approximately 850 1990 Super Cougar XR-7 5-speeds produced that year. He did not give color specifics. Bill had all of the SC/SCXR-7 production runs split out by year and tranny in one of the 2001 issues of Chargin Thunder. Call him and he will probably send you a copy of that Chargin Thunder.

Ed Springer

90 Black on Black Super Cougar 5-Speed (highly modified)
94 Red SC Auto (getting there)

Back