94 gears fit a 90?

spetz01

Considering a set of 327's, found some from, a 94. Would they be the same year to year?

Just stock. Literally the only part of the car I haven’t changed.

I’d like to just swap the whole rear end without doing the actual gear swap. That’s still possible? I guess I’m asking if the pumpkin is the same as well?

Last edited:
She's a 5 spd. The car belongs to my father and law now, but I still get to play a bit lol...

I'll be calling Bill today at SCP to line up gears and a rebuild kit? He has the option for the posi rearend, big bucks! Would that be worth it? Car's not raced or anything crazy like that.

Traction control cars with the automatic came with non-limited slip differentials, if I recall. As has been mentioned, they'll bolt in with no problem.

She's a 5 spd. The car belongs to my father and law now, but I still get to play a bit lol...

I'll be calling Bill today at SCP to line up gears and a rebuild kit? He has the option for the posi rearend, big bucks! Would that be worth it? Car's not raced or anything crazy like that.

What's the weather like where you are? I'm adding the Dana Trakloc LSD to my Dakota if I'm rebuilding the rear end this weekend (it's currently an open.)

My Cougar has the LSD, and you've got it now; with 3.27s behind a M5R2, you'll want the LSD to keep from burning just one tire off on launch :p

RwP

Sorry, thought I replied via phone earlier....

It's a fair weather car, not year round up here at all. It would be nice though to launch hard when needed. Would the lsd help with all that wheel hop? Has new, non- adjustable tokico shocks and a 2" drop.

And does anyone know roughly what this does to the RPM's at 60mph? I can't see it being overly excessive?

Sorry, thought I replied via phone earlier....

It's a fair weather car, not year round up here at all. It would be nice though to launch hard when needed. Would the lsd help with all that wheel hop? Has new, non- adjustable tokico shocks and a 2" drop.

And does anyone know roughly what this does to the RPM's at 60mph? I can't see it being overly excessive?

It will change by 10%. 100kph indicated = 90kph actual. I changed the gear in the trans to correct that.
Alan.

If it's a five speed SC it came from the factory with LSD, POSI, or whatever you want to call it. Ford calls it Trac-Lok. Might be a good idea to rebuild it though.

I replaced the whole pumpkin in my 1991 5-speed with one out of a 1990 automatic SC. I like it a little more than the way the factory had it (don’t forget to change the speedometer gear ;) ). Driving in 2nd gear almost feels like 1st gear in some cars I’ve been in. I was deducted some points on my driver’s test for taking off in second gear when I was “supposed” to take off in 1st gear. I can’t even put the car into 1st gear unless the car is practically at a dead stop (or less than 3 MPH).

Back