mods

blownv6tbird

im 17 years old and just got my sc on the road. ive had to replace the poer steering pump, valve cover gaskets, water pump, maf sensor, and blower(bad bearings). i was wondering what the first(best and cheapest) mods to do to y car. ive talked to a friend who is an sc owner and he told me to first open up the exhaust on the car. which makes sense, just wondering what other people out there are doing. im also an inter technician at a ford dealership so dont hesitate to make any kind of suggetion. i have the mechanical ablilty and tools to do what eve i need. any info that is given is appreciated.

email me at sc38ltb@aol.com and my aol im screen name is blownv6tbird.

The first thing i would have said is the 10% pully but you already have it!! How does that affect daily driving? Any problems? Valve cover gaskets are $40 from NAPA!! I would agree with your friend about opening up the exhaust. That is probably where you are losing the most amount of power. You have plenty of air and probably enough fuel so that's where I'd start. Also you may be able to get some electronic cleaner at your local NAPA store and this may fix your MASS air problem. I had a similar problem with my 88 stang. I thought is was my MAF but when i was backprobing i found out I didn't have a 12v constant from my computer. All it took to fix is a but connector!!

Back