Tire size 1991 SC with 18 inch Saleens???

Blackbird50

Just purchased a 91' SC and I'm lowering it with the voglant 1.6 inch lowering springs and putting 18 inch saleens on it. Just wondering what's the widest tire both front and back I can run on the car without rubbing. I like a little sidewall bubble(overhang or whatever you wanna call it) if i can. Thanks for any help you can give me!!! :confused:

Just purchased a 91' SC and I'm lowering it with the voglant 1.6 inch lowering springs and putting 18 inch saleens on it. Just wondering what's the widest tire both front and back I can run on the car without rubbing. I like a little sidewall bubble(overhang or whatever you wanna call it) if i can. Thanks for any help you can give me!!! :confused:

245/45/18 Front
275/40/18 Rear

garage_attachment.php

Suggest rolling rear fender lips for extra clearance. If you don't want to do anything to rear fenders just use the 245/45/18 on all 4 wheels.

David

Last edited:
I’m thinking about getting new tires to put on my stock 1993 rims and/or my stock 1991 rims.
I was wondering what everyone likes to use on stock SC rims for regular cruising and for more aggressive driving (not drag racing).

I’m thinking about getting new tires to put on my stock 1993 rims and/or my stock 1991 rims.
I was wondering what everyone likes to use on stock SC rims for regular cruising and for more aggressive driving (not drag racing).

I'd suggest stick with the 225/60/16, but get a sport tire. If you get a hard side wall, like an H or V tire, expect a rougher ride.

Thanks for all the input guys!

David I really appreciate the feedback. It's funny because your car was the one I originally saw and feel for the saleen wheels on it. I actually have been trying to get ahold of you to ask you some questions about these cars since yours is done so well. I actually sent you a Facebook friend request (my names Brian) a few weeks back. Thanks again for getting back to me. I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions for you. If you dont mind of course. Let me know what way is the best to get ahold of you. Thanks again!

245/45/18 Front
275/40/18 Rear

garage_attachment.php

Suggest rolling rear fender lips for extra clearance. If you don't want to do anything to rear fenders just use the 245/45/18 on all 4 wheels.

David

255/45/18 front
275/40/18 rear

Attachments

• 20190421_114053_resized_1.jpg
    20190421_114053_resized_1.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Back