Are there still any Performance Struts/Shocks for 1990 SC on the market ?

DNA

After some research I've been unable to find a performance replacement strut or shock set (adjustable or non-adjustable) for the 1990 Thunderbird, LX or SC.
I realize the original Tokico products are long gone. But I've seen no listings for this car by Koni, KYB, Bilstein, Gabriel or Monroe. Does anyone still make a manually adjustable set that can replace the ARC Tokico's ?
Are we now stuck with the junk stuff from Autozone and Oreilly's. ?

I will keep looking a bit more, but if this is the real fate of this car, I may just roll it off to the boneyard. The orig shocks have slowly gone flat and most of oil has seeped out of the cartridges after a few years in storage.
The vehicle still runs strong, but it is not stable at high speed. Would be a shame to let it go, but with all the aftermarket parts vanishing ( like the early crank sensors), it's getting nearly impossible to keep these machines running.
If I missed something out there, please advise.

Thx
DNA

Unfortunately, no there are no direct bolt-on shocks that are any good. Some people have made some bilstein inserts for other applications work, but that requires some custom fabrication.

I have a set of lightly used Koni's if you really want some. Don't be shocked at the price though. They were $750/set new and used are getting a bit more than that now.

Back