A Great Ride To Work UNTILL....

SilverCasket

I figured this was a fun story to share.

It was a great ride to work this morning in North Jersey. The radio was keeping me entertained. The weather was in the late 20's. The sun was just peeking out. And I was trailing down I-95. The car felt great so I figured what the hell. I was already doing about 90 so I pushed the boost to about 10 (2/3 throttle). The car pulled past 100, 110 & coming to 120 when I past two New Jersey state troopers sitting on the side chatting. Well, I figured at that speed why not go for broke. It was only 3 miles to my exit. ... So down went the pedal! The car pulled with force like an ox and the speed of a chetah. The needle was burried and they were just pulling on the road WAY back in my mirror.

So now that I have a nice lead I am feathering the pedal. Figuring only about a mile to go and the needle is buried. Coming up over a little hill guess who is sitting on the left side of the road Waiting. Well, now I had to stop. So I just pulled to the side and waited for him to get there. 4-cops later I found out that the second cop I passed told me I was at 142 and he asked if I was crazy. So I told him about the p&p blower and I was testing all the modz.

Next thing you know I'm showing them under my hood and chatting about how it holds the road like king kong to a building. So, in the end, it was a great ride and they would have never caught up if it weren't for that damn radio!

~Drive Safe~
Anthony

HOLY $hit!!!

I have been there and done that man!!! I posted a story about my situation with my brother last year, but WE GOT AWAY DUDE!
True Story!!!! It brings my heart up to speed to relive that man!
We trashed a Virginia State Trooper!
dirtybird91
By the way: We were wrong for doing it, so I don't want to give the wrong impression here.:eek:

Let us know how much it cost to get your SC out of the impound and how long your license is suspended for. Thanks!

i was doing about 115-120 down the thruway about a month ago and on the other side of the thruway i seen a state trooper heading the other way.. he slammed on the brakes flipped on his lights but there were no places for him to make a uturn for at least 1000 ft or so. so i kept on going as my exit was about a mile down. it was quite busy that day and i guess it was too dangeroues to pursue me. i tell ya im definitely not doing that again :p

hmmm.....

I sensed that jail time too. That's the reason we got the HELL out of dodge! I think back on the whole episode and I would rather face the jail time than some casket time.
dirtybirdie:eek:

Funny you should mention casket ::::::silver::::::

Scott, there was no ticket. They had to give me a warning though. After I showed them my wrench time. The first set I passed were pissed at first when they pulled up. But the cop that I stopped for was cool right from the beginning. They all had the cocky at first, but they got over it.

I wasn't all that nervous. Wasn't the first time 100+. No tickets yet. ::::knocking on wood or um, gas pedal::::

ps- it helps to have a shiny metal badge suction cupped to the winshield and a bright gold shield on the outside of your jacket. But please, don't try this at home! ;)

Not that I had one~!, Just that it sure would be nice...

Anthony

Hmmmmm....

I don't know whether to laugh or frown at you Silver Casket! You remind me of a much younger ME a year ago before I got scared. This is why I have a bumper sticker that says "NO FEAR" Because I don't drive fast anymore, so I don't have to live in FEAR of dying in a casket that is traveling 120 plus down the highway. You might think i'm a big wuss, and you are right. I am a big scared wuss now after I saw first hand what could happen. (a scared WUSS with NO FEAR of myself)
:(
Keep on rolling man, but just be careful because some people don't get the blessing that you and I have recieved.
God bless and keep SC'n!
dirtybirdie

ya i know about the gas pedal food shakin and having a seizure. i just started driving lik 8 months ago and last month i gave a friend a ride in my TC to the store. he got out and complimented how its fast for a 4banger and im like "see ya later F(*&er" and i did alil burnout in reverse to get outta the parkin spot and then as i go around the cornor i floor it and do the sweetest "drift" ive ever had. well i knew he seen me and im like hell ya. i felt so cool but then i realized there was a car a block ahead of me coming towards me that looked like it could be a cop. and im liek.... oh crap dont be a cop, dont be a cop. he got close enough that i could see (i didnthave my glasses on) and it WAS A COP! i was so scared i turned the blinker on and immediately turned off the road and rushed to my house makinga bunch of turns so that i was sure he coudlnt follow me.

im now tryin to cut down on the "hot rodding"... a ticket is not worth it.

yea.. i got my first ticket in the SC..... goin down a quiet highway passed a MA state trooper doin 115....... unfortunatly... about a mile later the highway ended with a rotary.. so i had to slow down. he got me on the back side of the rotary =( but i guess he was nice.. he only said i was doin 90 in a 55 hehe =) $350 later i learned my lesson....... never speed without a radar dector! haha

I passed a radar trap doing 113 kph in a 60 zone. I was in the middle of passing a slower car so I downshifted into second to get around him as quickly as I could. The cop just had a big smile on his face when he pulled me over - congratulated me on being the fastest one that day and left me 345 bucks poorer :(

funny thing was, I was on ym way to my buddy's house to pick up his "97 trans am ram air. when I went back past the cops i was doing 60 bang on the nose and they were just itchin to pull that black beast over heh heh :)

Dirtybird

I know where your coming from. When I met my wife, she lived 45 minutes from me, I would make it in 25. I had an 85 IROC (what a POS) with TPI (the first year) going home in OD @ 5500 RPM and spedo long past pegged. There were a few nights I saw flashers and didn't bother to slow down. I'm sure the cops figured they would just scrape my up later.
Now, with 2 kids, I take at little easier and my SC hasn't even seen three digits. I used to be proud that I had spun just about every car I had owned, now I happy I'm still here after all that stupidity.

The funny thing is the only speeding tickets I ever got were in my wife's old Hyudia Excel.

Aaron

Back