Check this out...

giddyup306

Last Thursday I brought home an 89 SC. I traded 2 RF punch 500's for it:D! Anyways it needs new head gaskets and trans but runs. I have the trans and gaskets:). I hate to admit it but I really don't know too much about the t-birds however i'm not mechanically impared I race my 88 stang at the local tracks during the summer and do all my own work on it so I know quite a bit about 5.0's. The 3.8 sc is much more complicated so if anyone would like to guide me through this please do.

This is just my way of saying hi,

Mike
:D

not as bad as it looks. once you get the i/c tubes and the blower off it's just a motor, it's just all that stuff on top that can scare ya.
what i did is take the supercharger top and upper i/c tube off together, remove tree bolts holding the sc to the intake,then three more that connects the upper intake tube to the lower intake on the back of you motor also must remove lower i/c tube. then you can lift the sc, intake plenem, throttlebody,all together.then from there you know what to do.good luck bro.
joe

if you can, pull the engine and transmission out, much easier out of the car, might as well change all the gaskets and check the engine mounts too, give it a once over(see how the rod bearings are etc etc):D

My advice is get ARP head bolts instead of using the stock torque to yeild bolts and definately get the heads milled true...Just remeber its a motor just like in any other car..
First thing to do is drop the exhaust. If you plan on keeping the car get a new fuel pump 190 or 255lph stang pump will work.You might also want to do a little exhaust worksuch as porting of the exhuast manifolds.. Being your going to hav eto take off teh manifolds this is the perfect time to do it...At the very minimum I'd spend the $100 dollars on the stud kit.....WHat exactly do you plan on doing with teh car?

Well I wan't to do 13's with it. This also has to be streetable. I have an old pair of 3.73's from my stang I'm gonna put in. 10% faster blower pully so I get 3lbs+ of boost 70mm tb (I'll fabricate my old stang TB for this instead of paying $300 :). Port match the blower to tb. Rip off cats maybe put in some flowmasters. Better rockers if I can find them. '

What cha think???

I'm open to all suggestions,

Thanks,

Mike

Back