That's new...

Matt_aka_Dale

SCCoA Member
The ABS light comes on when the parking brake is applied. It goes out after releasing it. The abs pump motor runs it's regular operation(if necessary) with or without the parking brake applied. The only thing I did was pull the handle quite far back so I could put the center console back together.

So you repeatedly have two lights with the e-brake pulled?

Sounds like a cluster fail.

Yep. Ah, okay that's simple. Thought it would be worse. Is it possible to repair or is it just better to get another?

If that's the issue... I'd take the cluster out and inspect. Start by making sure both connectors at the rear can fully seat, are clean, and the mylar ribbon circuits aren't folded, misaligned, busted up, etc. Weird stuff happens when those ribbons don't get located properly, ask me how I know ;)

Do you have an EVTM? Do you have a spare cluster?

The EVTM, along w/the wiring diagrams here, should help - I'd start at the hot side of the circuit that is lit when it shouldn't be, add a signal tracer and go hunting. Remember that Ford luvs to complete circuits on the ground side.

Optionally, use the EVTM to ID related grounds, then pull them until the light goes out and work between there and the bulb circuit.

Be sure to confirm brake fluid level in the master cylinder ;)

Ken

I meant to reply to this a couple days ago, but the light no longer comes on with the other one. I did nothing to it...just ignored it and it eventually went away... This car is cursed I swear. Fortunately that means that after about 4 years of owning it, it's finally mechanically sound.*knocks on wood*

Back