Clutch Master cylinder help

89scbud

I have an 89 sc 5 speed and I'm troubleshooting a clutch issue, and I need advice on disconnecting the clutch Master cylinder

Which part are you trying to figure out? The pedal has a plastic type cup/clip that comes off with a flat head and gentle pressure. The clutch line going to the transmission has a small roll pin that has to be punched out to remove the line and the master cylinder itself turns to lock in place so you would turn it from about 12 to approximately 11 or 10 o'clock then it's aggravating to get it out between the strut tower and firewall because of the pedal linkage what's making you think you have a problem with the master?

I accidentally broke the line from the clutch Master to the slave cylinder FML. Guess I'm pulling the trans

I accidentally broke the line from the clutch Master to the slave cylinder FML. Guess I'm pulling the trans

The line was available from rock auto a while back, otherwise look for a 1st gen viper line. You don’t need to pull the trans the line will disconnect that the slave where is it has access on the side of the bell housing, you need to push in the plastic retainer and that will release the claws that keep the connection clipped. If you lost the plastic you need to somehow make something to fit like AC lines quick disconnect tools or similar.

Yeah, but I've got a clutch kit laying here that I might as well put in
Thanks for the help, my local auto parts store was even able to get the line that I needed

Back