No Fuel pressure

hobgoblin

So, I changed my dash and used the correct wire harness from the 5 speed car. Made sure everything was hooked up properly. During this ordeal, I also changed heater core. Since I did nothing with any part having to do with the fuel system, I'm baffled, Got it all back together and now it's not getting fuel pressure. Therefor, it's won't fire. Never had the puter unhooked. Any ideas?

Lusten for the pump when you first turn the key on. It could be the pump could be the ircm if its not working. If it is i woud say bad fuel pressure regulator.

Did you check the impact switch in the trunk that shuts off fuel in case of an accident to see if it needs to be reset?

When you changed the dash, did you mess with the injector ground on the back of the driver side head?

How long did the car sit without running? Are you sure there is still fuel in the tank?

On the 97lx that I've pulled the dash out (not sure it's the same on the SC) there are 2 plugs near the inside fire wall on the drivers side theses are large plugs both have a bolt in the center one bolt is on the engine bay side the other near the column I'd triple check those connections I belive that is where all the wiring from the dash hooks up to go into the engine bay and I'd make sure all the connections are good also in the trunk near the safety switch is a relay for the pump in that relay should be a pink wire run power to that pink wire and see if the pump comes on...

The impact switch is fine. EVerything is plugged is as it should be. It sat for no more than 2 weeks and was running fine before I changed the dash. I cann't hear the fuel pump when I turn the key on. Then again, I didn't notice it before. I did the fuel pump test per the shop book and while it did put fuel at the schrader valve, it had no pressure I've rechecked the wireing to make sure everything is plugged is as it should be and also rechecked the inertia switch in the trunk. All seem to be fine. I thought perhaps it was an anit-theft thing but this car does not have it. I'll try and add power to the pink wire in the trunk.

Last edited:
So, I'd like to thank the members that responded. I went to check the pins for fuel on the ECU and found a plug that I'd missed. It works much better when the power is hooked to what you want to work. AT this point I'm not feeling very bright. Thanks again!!!

Oh I've been there before so I know you're pain spent 3 days trying to figure out why my engine wouldn't start after reinstalling it it was a main ground next to the battery staring at me going are you going to plug me in.... I felt like an idiot... Well still do

Back