PDA

View Full Version : loading up

Charkly
11-30-2002, 03:19 PM
Ok-heres the story. when i got my sc it ran really bad. After changing the maf, plugging in the intake air temp sensor, and cleaning the plug leads, it ran good. When i changed the tranny, there were several unplugged lines behind the motor. I plugged these in, one being vacumn to the charcoal canister, and plugged that assembly to another one. I also changed the fuel filter, which was clogged solid. After It was complete, aside from the bad synchros in the tranni, it seemed to run good. At first it stumbled a bit, but when i drove it it ran good. the next day, i went to start it, and it cranked and cranked, but refused to start. when it finally did, it bllew black smoke out for a while, and made my eyes water. Im assuming its loading up. The temp gauge doesnt work, and occaisionaly it will sputter and lope at idle. Then, it will bog under wot. Any Ideas?

Vernon
12-01-2002, 11:48 AM
It sounds like that to me also, see if that canister is full of fuel.

The Charcoal canister is also connected to the fuel tank vent. Make sure the lines didn't get crossed on the canister. See if you can locate another SC (year similar) to double check your vacuum line reconnect locations.

Vernon

Thrty5thSC
12-02-2002, 02:11 AM
you may need to change your canister purge seloniod.
joe