EEC/fuel injector question

racecougar

Is it possible to flash or burn a chip for the EEC that will cause an EEC which normally sends a low impedence signal to the injectors to send a high impedence signal (or vice versa)? Who would I contact about doing this?

I don't believe it can be accomplished in the computer by changing software settings. There are a few places that make impedance converters. Here is a link to one:

http://www.acceleronics.com/

I'm sure many other places (especially ones catering to 'Stangs) make a converter as well.

Here's my problem:
I put the 99+ splitport 3.8L in my 94 Tbird. I have a 94 SC EEC and a 94 CAI (california emissions) EEC. I'm running a 94 style DIS system. Both EEC's I have will only fire the high impedence injectors, but the injectors on the engine are low impedence. I've heard that the pencil style injectors on the engine can be swapped for ones from a SC, but they require adapters because they are shorter than the pencil style ones. Where would I get these adapters? Also, what injectors should I run? I have no idea what the lb/hr ratings are for the injectors I have. I have injectors from the following vehicles: 90 SC, 94 CAI N/A, 94 N/A, 96 Windstar. I'd like to just change the hardware in the EEC or use an impedence converter if it's possible and use the pencil-style injectors, since they were meant to be on that engine. Who could change the hardware in the EEC for me or where could I get a impedence convertor? Which EEC should I use, the 94 SC or the 94 CAI? Would changing this effect any other functions of my EEC? And lastly, does anyone know how to get a hold of Jerry, hopefully he'd know what to do? Thanks for any help.

Rod

you may want to ask that question in the Electronic Engine control systems board at the link below. If you figure out what you want done, I can burn you a chip. I am in St. Louis as well

Brian

www.mtcforum.com

do it yourself fuel injection

Here's a link to where you can buy or make your own fuel injection computer and it's fully programmable so you can run whatever fuel injectors you want. I know a guy who has this system on his dune buggy with a 3.8L v6 and he has it set up with a wide band O2 sensor so he just picks the AF ratio and the car programs itself.

no offense, but putting a non-ford computer in a ford would be dumb.

The EEC's, even EEC-IV's are extremly powerful and 100 times better than any aftermarket junk setups out there. You may be able to get one of those aftermarket computers to tune at WOT, but what about adaptive strategies, part throttle tuning, knock sensors, and spark calculations against ACT, ECT, a/f, and all of the other variables.

Besides that, racecougar is miles from me. If he wants the injector pulsewitdh changed, I can burn a chip for different injectors in 15 minutes :)

Back